No, I don't play an instrument, but I understand the concept of tuning them. It
was just a rather roundabout way for her to say that and it surprised me. So
what i needed was clarification that what I *thought* she was saying is indeed
what she was saying.  "Surprised" given the fact he's never without some woman
on his arm and one would think stereotypically that he's "tuning" all the time.

Keith:

It would seem that you don't play a musical instrument. I have my
piano tuned once a year to keep it sounding great. (I play
classical, pop, and blues.) Otherwise it would sound terrible.
Guitar players I know tune their guitars much more frequently to
keep their guitars sounding great.

What Rogers meant was... she needed her "instrument" tuned regularly
to keep feeling good. Quite naturally, some women need
their "instrument" tuned more frequently than other women. It would
seem from Roger's comment that Tommy was either disinterested or not
up to the task of properly tuning Roger's "instrument."

Need I say more? Need I be more explicit? (I'd rather not be
explicit as this may get SciFiNoir2 shut down again by Yahoo; and
Tracey has to reload it to SciFiNoir3 just like the Matrix was
reloaded.)

George
Captain
The USS Ronald E. McNair (Boston)