From: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of g123curious
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2005 13:01
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [scifinoir2] Re: New shows premiering tonight

It's nice to have something to discuss other than Katrina and the
Brad Pitt/Jennifer Anniston breakup. I just upgraded from Basic
cable (a/k/a antenna service) to Standard cable with ESPN, ESPN2,
SciFi, and TBS. (Comcast upgraded my monthly bill from $8 to $55,
too. That is criminal as there is no package inbetween the two.) So,
now I cna get my full weekly dose of football.

Bones was another CSI clone. There are now so many CSI clones on TV.
Bones was cute in spots, but doesn't have enough horsepower to keep
my attention or viewership. Yes, it is formulaic... very much so.
Nothing really original here, either. I'll make no bones about it
and strongly recommend that you skip it.

George

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Johnson"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Two new shows are premiering tonight. First is "Bones"
> (8 pm EST on Fox), about a forensic anthropologist who
> assists an FBI agent (played by "Angel" star David
> Boreanaz) solve cases. Early reviews I've read say
> it's formulaic (the genre's getting crowded) but has
> decent leads. Next up is "Supernatural", about two
> brothers (one of whom is "Smallville" star Jensen
> Ackles) who travel around dispatching supernatural
> baddies as they search for their missing father.
> Critics have given this show good press, saying
> it's genuinely scary. Might be worth a look. The
> two shows represent the obvious continuing
> influence of other hits. In the case of "Bones"
> it's the whole investigative theme (CSI, Navy NCIS,
> Crossing Jordan, etc.)  "Supernatural" is glomming
> on to the resurgence in, well, supernatural-themed
> shows like "Medium" and "Lost" (which may or may
> not be supernatural).

Genre
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Genre+magazine&w1=Genre+magazine&c=
1&s=20&.sig=sxGQiCtPJYwREaknMS9Glw> magazine

  _____

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

*        Visit your group "scifinoir2
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scifinoir2> " on the web.

*        To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

*        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of

  _____

http://us.click.yahoo.com/FXrMlA/dnQLAA/Zx0JAA/LRMolB/TM