--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> There is a saying I'm sure that everyone's heard "You don't know who
you true
> friends are until the bad times hit".   I think NO's (and many of us
black
> and lower class folks) is or should be finially starting to realize
this.   The
> point is what to do now.   I know on thing Madi Gras will not be the
same now
> with Gretna hanging over this.
>
> -GTW

The funny thing is that the CCC bridge doesn't even end in Gretna. It
ends in Algiers which is a part of New Orleans. Terrytown and Gretna
are a couple of exits further up the road. The Gretna Police and
Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Department were out of their jurisdiction.

The Jefferson Parish police of all stripes have always been very
adversarial to people of color. They have even gone as far as
conducting drug sweeps, manhunts, etc. in New Orleans itself without
informing or receiving sanction from any New Orleans law enforcement
officials.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/FXrMlA/dnQLAA/Zx0JAA/LRMolB/TM