Threshold, Invasion, and Supernatural seem to be the good ones among the new
shows. Medium, Lost, the Stargates, and Galactica are the popular holdovers
from last season.  Surface will probably die, as Threshold and Invasion are
better shows in the same genre. Same for Ghost Whisperer, unless the old
Touched by an Angel crowd gives it good ratings.  The Night Stalker hasn't
premiered yet, but I'm hearing it may not pull in the audiences. Supernatural
may have stolen its "creature of the week" excitement, and the addition of a
mystery (surprise!) may not be enough to hook viewers. Still, I like the leads
and will give it a watch.  Although it's not scifi, Prison Break has that
unfolding mystery flavor. Not sure if it'll catch on yet.

Isn't it fun to have an embarrassment of riches this year? Been a little while
since so  many speculative fiction shows were on at once.  I wonder how many
the viewers will support. The slowly unfolding mystery theme is all over the
place, with every one of the new scifi/supernatural shows weaving some such
thread through their plots. One wonders how long before audiences get tired of
that and just want standalone action. I think it can work if, like
Supernatural, all the shows make it so that you can still jump in to any show
without having to know all the background.

I enjoyed Threshold a lot. It's my favorite of the new shows.

Surface was interesting but weak.

Supernatural is a guilty pleasure.

Invasion was ok. Maybe thew next few episodes will hook me.

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I still have the premiere of Threshold on tape hope to watch it
tonight. I also recorded Surface, which by all indications ain't that
good. Think I will pass at even trying to watch Ghost Whisperer, as
Medium's quite good enough, thank you!

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

 Visit your group "scifinoir2" on the web.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/FXrMlA/dnQLAA/Zx0JAA/LRMolB/TM