Yeah, that was the episode was on A MAN CALLED HAWK, where the lead
guy from the movie STRICKLY BUSINESS and had played the Navy husband
on The Cosby Show, was Bailey (Angela) jealous boyfriend with a nasty
temper.  Her car broke down and Hawk came to help her out. The doctor
rolls up in his car and seeing Hawk, the Doctor asks Bailey something
along the line of "Who's that?" (Not the regular "who's that?", but
the `boyfriend sees another man near his woman' "WHO'S THAT?")

Bailey says that Hawks a friend of the family, but Hawk can tell that
boyfriend is jealous, says a few words and bounces.

Later in the club, Bailey is dancing with a guy, and the boyfriend
walks over and punches him in the mouth and drags Angels out of the
club.

Later at the house; Baileys mother (ORACLE from the Matrix) TELLS her
that you can't make excuses for her boyfriend. Bailey tells her that
she's taking a job in DC. The boyfriend comes to the house pleading
to talk to Bailey. Mom says, "If I don't let you see her, are you
going to hit me to?

So Bailey comes down the stairs, the boyfriend pleads for
forgiveness, Bailey says its to late, blah-blah-blah.

The subplot is that Baileys boyfriend has a gangsta younger brother
(played by Wendell Pierce) who is involved criminal business of which
durng one crime job he gets shot by Hawks .357. The younger brother
convinces his Doctor brother to give him medical care for the gunshot
wound.

In true comic-book form, they had the cross over of Bailey and Hawk
on SPENCER FOR HIRE (where she was introduced first)

Bailey Webster (Angela Bassett) gets out of a cab in front of the
hospital and bumps into Hawk who's just left his her ailing father

-BAILEY
(Gasp)
Hawk, is he?

They hug each other

-HAWK
(stoic)
No.

-BAILEY
Thank God.

They look in each others eyes

-HAWK
Do you have a place to stay?

-BAILEY
No, I just got here.

-HAWK
Keys where it's always been.

Bailey remembers the old days.

-BAILEY
(fighting back a grin)
No, that ah..won't be a good idea right now.

Hawk signals the taxi in the driveway. It drives over and stops in
front of them. Hawk opens the door, puts her Louis Vutton in to the
back seat.

-HAWK
Take her to the Four Seasons Hotel, ask for Jimmy. Tell him Hawk sent
you.

Bailey looks at Hawk with temptation in her eyes. She walks to the
cab door.

-BAILEY
Thank you Hawk.

-HAWK
Anytime babe.

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Johnson"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I remember the series. I remember the show with Basset on it too.
Hawk
> lectured her family at the end about staying together or
something.  It