In a message dated 11/8/05 8:15:45 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> When I read Heinlein's 'Starship Troopers, I was rudely awakened to how
> much
> I assumed the future was full of whites, basically.  At the end of the book,
> after I had pictured this tall, white, probably blond guy as the center of
> the Marines, Heinlein described him as a Filipino!

Take a good look at Sgt Zin.   At first I thought he was white but from
further reading it seems he seems to be black (something that the anime picked
up
on).   And in the second reading you find out that Johnny's world turned out to
be very multiculteral/ethinic.   Something that the movie all but ignored.
But maybe I've was the only one that picked up on this (after two-plus
readings of it).

-GTW

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/LRMolB/TM