Thanks for posting this. Finally!!! Finally the spotlight is being
pointed where it should have been long ago. Some folks are more
interested in bling-bling than their heritage. I'd love to see a
voluntary disclosure statement by NBA athletes (or Rap artists) of
their contributions. The list would be quite short.

George

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, Said Kakese Dibinga
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Black-oriented museums lacking black donors
>   Athletes and celebrities haven't given
>
>   By Darryl Fears
>   The Washington Post
>   Updated: 2:42 a.m. ET Dec. 6, 2005
>
> LOUISVILLE - The glamour, the popping camera lights of
> the paparazzi,  and an impressive lineup of movie stars
> such as Jim Carrey, Angelina  Jolie, Brad Pitt and Chris
> Tucker gave a glitzy Hollywood feel to the  grand opening
> of the Muhammad Ali Center in this horse-racing town.
>
> Lonnie Ali, the boxing champ's wife, could barely hold
> back tears as she stood in the shadow of the $75 million
> center, with its soaring  butterfly roof and its dozens
> of exhibits, replete with LeRoy Nieman  paintings of "the
> Greatest" in his glory days.
>
> "This," Lonnie said as her husband stood by, "is the
> culmination of a . . . dream."
>
> The dream, however, has received little financial support
> from  prominent black Americans. After a two-year campaign,
> only one monied  black contributor, ex-heavyweight champion
> Lennox Lewis, who is British, gave a substantial amount,
> $300,000.

<snip>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/7zgKlB/dnQLAA/Zx0JAA/LRMolB/TM