Daryle Lockhart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is exactly the point.

> Raise your children to be well-rounded individuals and MySpace is
> a  toy. Kids play with toys for a while then put them down for
> something else.

This is exactly some chicken-headed nonsense and an abdication of
guardianship within black communities. Said abdication has resulted
in a great number of social ills, but then you'd have to be actively
engaged with poor black kids on the regular to know or care about
that one way or another.  Rationalize your own choices as you see
fit, but don't peddle your own post hoc rationale as if it were a
principled defense of free expression or personal responsibility
applicable to other people's children.

http://www.rand.org/labor/adp_pdfs/adp_ajph.pdf

Myspace is targetted toward a juvenile demographic. I'm not
advocating censorship, but I am advocating activist criticism of the
non-constructive illness that is myspace.com. Uncritical acceptance
and commercial exploitation of cultural garbage is just wrongheaded
and irresponsible. XM