Welcome to your Friendly Neighborhood Police State!

md_moore42 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Headline : AOL Vows to Institute
Fee-Based Service

from http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060301/ap_on_hi_te/e_mail_rebellion

Explain this line of thought to me from the article ---
<<
If they (system filters) start interfering with the delivery of
legitimate mail, I don't think AOL subscribers are going to tolerate
it," said David Sorkin of the Center for Information Technology and
Privacy Law at John Marshall Law School in Chicago.

He discounted the likelihood of legal action against AOL. Courts have
ruled that an e-mail provider is not a government body and therefore
can't be sued for violating First Amendment rights of free speech.

Only government bodies can be sued for 1st Admendment curtailment??
Huh?

        Science fiction and fantasy   Genre magazine

"Excuse me while I whip this out."
                    Cleavon Little , "Blazing Saddles"