I can't wait to learn more about the War. It's been hinted at in several of the
New Adventures novels over the past few years, but I don't have anywhere here
in Atlanta that sells them regularly anymore, since SciFi/Mystery closed its
doors, so i haven't been able to read them. If anyone wants what might be
spoilers, ask me privately.

Meta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  --- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, "Cat
Corley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I loved it. It's a show that takes you on an adventure. I miss shows
> with weird aliens and costumes. There should be more rubber masks and
> puppets.

I love it as well. There's nothing wrong with
cheesy sci/fi, if its good cheese.:)

> Christopher Eccleston was also in The Others with Nicole Kidman. He
> supposedly quit the show after 1 season because he was going to be in
> the DaVinci Code movie. I haven't seen his name in the credits yet.

He didn't want to be typecasted as The Doctor either.
Don't worry, however his replacement picks up
the ball very well.
> Cat

> > Believe it or don't, I never watched the famed "Dr. Who" from back
in the day. I saw Tom Baker (?), watched a few minutes of some shows,
but never got into it. What can I say? I was a goofy kid who was too
focused on Star Trek, Lost in Space, Land of the Giants, etc. The only
British fare I was hooked on was Monty Python. Never saw *any* of the
Brit sci fi shows.

> > But now's my chance! The highly anticipated and highly praised
revival of Dr. Who (from 2005), premieres tomorrow night on Sci Fi
Channel. I'm hearing rave reviews about it. I hear fully 44% of all
British households tuned in for the premiere last year!   I hear the
new Doctor is decidedly different, but liked. I believe I saw the
actor play a military leader in "28 Days Later"?

> > ******************
> >
> > The Time Lord enters a new age.
> >
> > Christopher Eccleston's Doctor is wise, funny and brave, an
adventurer in time and space. His detached logic gives him a vital
edge when the world's in danger. But when it comes to human
relationships, he can be found wanting. That's why he needs Rose.

> > Rose Tyler is a shop-girl from the present day, trapped in a dull
existence. From the moment she and the Doctor meet, they are
soulmates; they understand and complement each other. With nothing to
hold Rose back — neither her over-bearing mum nor her hapless
boyfriend — she chooses to devote herself to the Doctor and his
promise of fantastic adventures across the universe. And he doesn't
let her down….

> > At the 2005 National Television Awards, voted for by the British
public, Doctor Who scooped three of the top prizes: Most Popular
Drama, Most Popular Actor (Christopher Eccleston) and Most Popular
Actress (Billie Piper).

> > So don't delay — hop into the Tardis and get ready for the
adventure of a lifetime (or two or three or 12…)

        Science fiction and fantasy   Genre magazine

"Excuse me while I whip this out."
                    Cleavon Little , "Blazing Saddles"