From: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Martin Pratt
Sent: Saturday, March 18, 2006 18:53
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [scifinoir2] Re: [OT] Samuel L. Jackson in 'Snakes on a
Plane' Trailer

Hey, why not? Better use of my money than the "Omen" remake that's
coming. Or the "Posiedon" remake. One question, though. What idiot puts
that many snakes on a commercial plane? I mean from a management
standpoint? If that's me, I'm thinking, "Sorry, sir/madam/other, but
you're gonna have to charter your own private flight for this. And I
need to grab a bath before I start the paperwork."

Keith Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  I think this will be a
good, fun movie.  Sometime's nothing's better
than a cheesy, throwaway action flick that lets you put your brain on
hold an laugh.  "Deep Blue Sea" is one of my fav scifi movies
ever--seriously! And I laugh all the way through that every time I see
it.  Even "Anaconda", which isn't as good as Deep Blue, is a fun time
waster.  I think "Snakes on a Plane" will hopefully hail back to the
great days of the '70s when there were lots of silly  flicks like
"Bugs", "Kingdom of the Spiders", "Towering Inferno", etc. Takes skill
to make a film that's silly but entertaining, and I hope this is one.

As for doing it, Sam Jackson said that he saw the title and was hooked,
for much the same reasons I just listed. he loved those old goofy
action/scifi movies from back in the day, and he wanted "Snakes" to be a
homage to that.