>From what I gather at IMDB it was made for around 6mill US.  If this
is true, then black folx could do some cool action/scifi/fantasy on
a low bud.  I read in an article where black filmmakers were upset
about getting only 1-15mill if the film is about black folx and how
they would like to have bigger budgets.  From what I've seen from
Japanese, HK, Bollywood etc. (and yes I know these are different
countries, economics etc.)I think we should focus on making great
movies for the low buck etc.

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Johnson"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It's a damn good movie. I saw it last year on a DVD a friend got
from
> Asia. Some of the visuals are stunning, every bit as impressive as
some
> of the better anime.  I a haven't seen a lot of Asian
> scifi/post-apocalyptic films, but this is probably one of the
better
> ones.Good fighting scenes, good special effects too. There's an
> interesting twist in the film that makes the ending cool.  To
relate to
> something familar to Westerners, some of the scenes remind me of
Bakshai
> at his best, such as in his Lord of the Rings film or "Wizards".
And