Wow!  your stories are something!  I love hearing them!  Awesome folks here!
Up from the non-intellectual sludge that could have kept you (us) down.
 

  _____  

From: [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Martin
Sent: Saturday, February 17, 2007 2:11 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] OT: South Carolina black leaders back Clinton



I undersand what you're saying, James. When I was growing up in Ole Virginny
(Danville, the Last Capital of the Confederacy, to be exact), the only
decent guidance I ever got from any guidance counselor was, "When you
graduate, leave town as fast as possible. If you're here more than two weeks
after you do, you'll *never get out*. I got out eleven days after and,
everytime I go back, I see someone new who didn't. But they're all strung
out on meth or in rehab from it.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:james%40jameslandrith.com> .com wrote: My wife
(originally from the Bronx) put up with that garbage for years
growing up in South Carolina. Apparently, getting good grades,
participating in extracurriculars, being able to communicate in a
professional manner and wanting more out of life than your peers was a
crime.

She went on to be one of the first black women to compete for the Miss
South Carolina pagaent by winning a local crown (Marion, SC) the same year
Vanessa Williams won Miss America, earned several scholarships, served as
an Army officer, became a well-known radio personality in S.C., national
education journalist and later magazine editor and my beautiful wife.

I find it satisfying when we visit her home in S.C. and some of those same
individuals who made her life hell are still working dead-end jobs (not
careers) and have never experienced anything outside of the small bubble
in which they grew up. She doesn't rub it in their faces - too classy for
that, but I think they get the point when they ask about her life today.

__________________________________________________________
James Landrith
[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:james%40jameslandrith.com> .com
cell: 703-593-2065 * fax: 760-875-8547
AIM: jlnales * ICQ: 148600159
MSN and Yahoo! Messenger: jlandrith
Taking the Gloves Off - http://www.jameslan <http://www.jameslandrith.com>
drith.com
The Multiracial Activist - http://www.multirac <http://www.multiracial.com>
ial.com
The Abolitionist Examiner - http://www.multirac
<http://www.multiracial.com/abolitionist/> ial.com/abolitionist/
__________________________________________________________

> Keith;
> Most of the time I hear that term, it's from ignorant goons who know
> nothing about themselves, let alone having never left the boundaries of
> their own neighborhood...And ANY idiot who accuses someone of 'acting
> white' or black or anything else on that level has a self-esteem problem
> they're trying to compensate for...
>

"There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels will get
organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A Man Without A
Country"

---------------------------------
Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



 


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to