My favorite "hoe" reference involves super Jeopardy player Ken
Jennings who, after setting records as the longest reigning Jeopardy
champion, was undone by the answer "disreputable person, also a garden
implement."  To which Jennings responded in the form of a question,
"What is a hoe?" (the answer was "What is a rake?").

~rave!

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> rave, I won't even allow you cntext. The word is ugly, no matter who
uses it or whom it's used on. Everytime I hear it, I'm reminded of the
scene from "House Party", in which either Kid or Play (whichever was
the lighter of the two) complains to a teacher that a fellow student
called his mother a h*e. The teacher looked at the other student and
asked him, "Now, why would you refer to his mother as a garden implement?"

> ravenadal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:          The simple answer to this
question is that the "hos" referred to in