never saw the flick. I assume it sucked?

From: Astromancer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
You mean like in BloodRayne???

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: Anyone catch this besides me? Man, this was just
awful: cliched, predictable, boring. Some of the stuff that hit me from the
start:

* Kristanna Loken isn't a very good actress. She was stiff and delivered her
lines with all the emotion of a Vulcan. Maybe it was the dialogue and
uninspired writing, which were sho' 'nuff problems,but I doubt it. But then,
what reason is there to expect the latest Terminator to have acting ability?

* Within five minutes of the opening, the show was in one of those cliched
(using that word again!) underground rave-type clubs with the pulse-pounding
music and young people from Central Casting posing and dancing wildly, while
obvious bad guys skulk in their midst doing drug deals. Truly one of the most
overused scenes in such shows outside of strip clubs. Booorinng!

* The first--and only, I might add--of the good guys to get killed was a
brother. Sad thing is, soon as I saw him I thought "This show's gonna kill that
Black man". Bingo! There is another Brother left, but of course he's older and
out of shape, not young and/or hunky like the rest of the cast. he was already
punked by Jane. Surprise!

* Will someone *Please* teach these new directors that herky-jerky and tilting
camera work is *not* a good way to add action to a scene? Just makes it
confused and amateurish-looking. Who's running film school these days, Michael
Bay?!

* The good guys are another one of those shadow-type groups that hang out in a
hidden warehouse HQ with high-tech equipment, and who are "answerable only to
ourselves". How original!

* There is of course a resident computer geek, and of course he's the oddball
who wears stocking caps, tennis shoes, warmup suits, etc. Just once nowadays
I'd like to see an IT expert that's not pushing the Gen Y look.

* The doctor on here appears to be Indian or Middle Eastern, but has a British
accent. I'm really getting tired of Indian, Pakistani, or Arab characters with
British accents. From Bashir on DS9 to Sayid on "Lost" (who is British in real
life and fakes an Iraqi accent) American-produced shows are replete with such
characters who speak the Queen's English or their "native" tongue with such an
accent. Is there a reason we can't get actors who actually *sound* like they're
from their characters' country of origin?

* Man, I think half the profits of the drug trade and the budget of government
law enforcement agencies, must go to leather wear! Amazing how every henchman
and supposedly underpaid government agent is wearing thousands of dollars worth
of leather jackets and pants!

Can you tell I wasn't impressed? There were several fights, all of which were
dizzying (not in a good way) and too fast-paced. Everyone's too busy posing and
speaking bad lines as if they have sticks up their arses. This show reminds me
of the late, unlamented "Mutant X", and that ain't a good thing. Not sure I'll
watch this one again unless it improves drastically or I'm very bored.

What did y'all think?

"Such music flow on the Fringe...and no one can resist singing to Scarlet." -
The Side Street Chonicles by C.W. Badie