Well, well, well. They're trying yet another Highlander movie, the first of a
planned trilogy, no less. Given how awful most (outside the first) have been,
I'm not hopeful. There was a version of "Highlander: The Source" released in
Russian and made available online, but reviews from fans were overwhelmingly
scathing. Now the film's being re-edited.  Highlander is such a cool property.
The series was excellent (with the exception of most of season two, when McLeod
ran around saving inner city neighborhoods and such). Great characters, like
Methos, Amanda, even Joe Dawson. But the movies haven't been good. "Endgame"
was a major disappointment to me. There were a few cool concepts in it--a
wearyConner forcing McLeod to kill him was an example--but overall it sucked.
Maybe they should leave this alone...

********************

http://highlander-thesource.com/news-updates.html

SYNOPSIS
The world is falling into chaos. As he roams a crumbling city, Duncan MacLeod,
the Highlander, remembers happier times before the love of his life left...
Hopeless and alone, MacLeod finds his way to a band of immortal companions,
including his mysterious friend Methos, and a mortal, Watcher Joe Dawson.
Together this small group sets out on a quest to find the origin of the first
Immortal and The Source of their immortality.

Celebrating 20 years of The Legend, Davis-Panzer Productions, Sequence Films
and Grosvenor Park are proud to announce the upcoming 2007 release of
HIGHLANDER: The Source. Brett Leonard is the director with Adrian Paul playing
the immortal Scottish swordsman, Duncan MacLeod.
This new adventure, starring Adrian Paul is the first feature in the Trilogy.
The Source tells the story of Immortals as they quest to locate the Holy Grail
of their world. The entire series of films will chronicle the origins of the
Immortals.

Director Brett Leonard commented "This is a tremendous opportunity for a
storyteller of this genre to take part in the mythology of 20 years." He
continues that "HIGHLANDER is an amazing ongoing story that I can bring my
visual style to... Everything I have done has led me to this kind of mythical
fantasy."

Brett Leonard pioneered the creation of digital visual effects in filmmaking
with 1992's Lawnmower Man, he also directed 1995's Virtuosity, and most
recently completed Marvel's Man-Thing. He is heralded as a maverick in science
fiction, fantasy and adventure by creating films with a strong visual presence.

Peter Davis of Davis-Panzer Productions noted, "We are truly celebrating this
milestone in HIGHLANDER history by pairing Brett and Adrian in our newest
Trilogy. We anticipate that this combination will recapture the filming glory
of the original HIGHLANDER."

Davis-Panzer Productions is busy further immortalizing the Clan MacLeod during
the series' twentieth year with an anime feature film in partnership with Imagi
and Madhouse of Japan and a video game with SCI Games Ltd. of London. There is
no limit when your story is timeless and Immortal!
HIGHLANDER: The Source will be distributed in North America through Lions Gate
Films and in 40 foreign territories through the top independent distributors.