the world.
From: "Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. Minor)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
t’s been a busy year for "Smallville."

Lois Lane (Erica Durance) hooked up with the Green Arrow (Justin
Hartely), Clark (Tom Welling) helped form the Justice League, and Lana
Lang (Kristen Kreuk) married the villain of the story who also happens
to have a secret agenda of his own for their union.

And according to Michael Rosenbaum, who plays the twisted Lex Luthor on
the series, it’s only going to get bigger. In an interview with
JewReview, the actor confirmed that the seventh season (due on The CW
this fall) will not only be the last season for the series, but it also
will finally allow Lex to show his true face as the villain he was
destined to become.

“That will be my final year,” said Rosenbaum. “Then I can hopefully
delve into more comedies. For me, it’s great work and I think the show
is getting intense as we go; Lex is inevitably getting darker, and next
year is when he lets all his colors show.”

Rosenbaum was also enthusiastic about what he knows of the seventh
season, hinting that it will be the “biggest year of all.”

“Smallville” is now in a position that is rare to find on TV these days,
whereby the show actually knows its coming to an end rather than being
axed by the network. This means the series will be able to plan for a
grand finale and ensure all the characters get the send-off they deserve.

So what’s the secret, why has “Smallville” lasted so long? As far as
Rosenbaum is concerned, it’s all down to the audience.

“The ratings are consistently high,” he said. “It’s great when you’re
on
a show that has that longevity, but it’s even better when a show’s
ratings are so high; our show’s ratings are just as high as the first
couple seasons. We’re creating more and more fans, and I know we’re
going next year.”

However, playing a villain for seven long years is bound to have an
impact on any actor, and Rosenbaum is no different. In the early years
of the series, the actor said he struggled a little to keep the
character of Lex Luthor confined to the series without him spilling over
into his own life. But given time, keeping the two apart became easier.

“I was a little nervous in the first year, I was trying to find the
character,” he said. “You want to please the audience, but you want to
bring some humility to the character; I don’t want him to be a cartoon.
I try to make every character I do, and that’s who he is – as long as
you stay in that box. And I’ve been pretty lucky, but I guess, over the
years it’s become easier and easier.”
http://www.jewreview.net/article.php?id=1315
http://www.syfyportal.com/news423523.html

<*> Your email settings: