this to be yet another FX/explosion-filled affair.

From: Astromancer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I hope that they stick closer to the book version because what is done there
was a whole lot more realistic than what the movie implied...Like for instance,
what you said about the incident where Colossus had the military officers
killed for 'treason'; he actually left the bodies out for a week to ensure that
they were dead as he didn't quite understand the concept of death as well as
not trusting those who carry out the excecution. There was another incident
where he had one of the scientists who conspired to destroy him shot,
decpitated and immmersed in a tak of water for several hours to ensure he was
dead as well as satiate his curiosity about death...If they spent as much time
on the psychology of the computer, I think it would come off more chilling than
what we saw in the TV movie...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: one of my fav scifi movies from back in the day. I
remember when Dr. Forbin asks Colossus for permission to use the bathroom or
have women over without being monitored by Colossus' cameras, and the computer
responsds "no". Or how he has several military guys who'd plotted his overthrow
executed by their own men, the bodies to be left untouched for a week as an
abject lesson. It was *really* scary when Colossus merged with its Russian
counterpart. And that ending, when they fitted him with a voice, and he says
"In time you and your children will come to love me, even as God". Wow!

I hope Howard brings a deft touch and doesn't bury the theme in a bunch of
overblown action and adventure. This isn't a film that needs to be a
"blockbuster", in my opinion.

From: "Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. Minor)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Universal Remaking Colossus
>
> Universal and Imagine Entertainment will remake the 1970 SF drama
> Colossus: The Forbin Project, about a computer that takes over the
> world, as a potential directing vehicle for Ron Howard, Variety
> reported. Brian Grazer will produce.
>
> Jason Rothenberg has been set to write the screenplay for the remake,
> which will be called simply Colossus.
>
> Based on a book by D.F. Jones, the original film was a forerunner of
> movies such as The Terminator, introducing the idea of a
> government-built computer that becomes sentient.
>
> Rothenberg will use the original's premise as a springboard and will
> incorporate two subsequent Colossus novels written by Jones to create a
> broader story. Universal is owned by NBC Universal, which also owns
> SCIFI.COM.

"Let’s just saying you know more than you think, but we’re not going to help
you figure it out." - The Side Street Chonicles by C.W. Badie

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: