Thank you very, very much for posting this. It's always good to read
about our history.

While I did not know this Pepsi story, I do like the link to the
pullman rail cars. My Dad was a Pullman porter for many years after
WW2. He traveled a lot and saw a lot of cities that I would later
visit by air. There is a good movie about the pullman porters
experience, titled _10,000 black men named george_ which I encourage
folks to see, if you haven't. My dad was a strong supporter of A.
Philip Randolph.

George

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, "ravenadal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/06/business/06boyd.html?
> _r=1&oref=slogin
>
> May 6, 2007
>
> Edward F. Boyd Dies at 92; Marketed Pepsi to Blacks
>
> By DOUGLAS MARTIN
>
> Edward F. Boyd, who as a young sales executive parlayed his
> assignment to promote Pepsi-Cola to fellow blacks into a war
> against white racism and black stereotypes, meanwhile selling
> oceans more soda, died on April 30 in Los Angeles, PepsiCo
> announced. He was 92.

<snip>