Number one reminds me of the temporal paradoxes/changes that B&B instituted in
the Trek world after "First Contact", as seen in the changed history put forth
in "Enterprise"

From: Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To answer...

1) Because T4 is being made, some sort of a temporal paradox will occur that
forces the events of T3 to come to reality, thus necessitating the existence of
T4.

2) Because "Serenity" won't make nearly as much money as a Terminator movie.

(Disclaimer- non-sensical ravings of a lunatic mind)

Daryle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: 1. If there was a Terminator sent back after
T2 to protect Sarah and John,
then how could most of the events of T3 have happened?
2. If Fox was serious about having Summer Glau in an action series based on
science fiction, why not bring Firefly back after the movie.

Here comes Fox treating sci-fi people like we¹re idiots born after 1977
again.

On 7/24/07 7:40 AM, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=1&id=42610
> <http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=1&amp;id=42610>
>
> Chronicles' Glau Humanizes Terminator
>
> Summer Glau, who stars as a teenage-girl terminator in the upcoming Fox series
> The Sarah Connor Chronicles, told SCI FI Wire that her character is a
> departure from any of the models seen in the Terminator films.
>
> "I didn't think I had a chance at being cast in this role," Glau said in an
> interview following a press conference at the Television Critics Association
> press tour in Beverly Hills, Calif., on July 23. "I've seen [Terminator 3
> star] Kristanna Loken in person, and she's so statuesque and she has that icy
> beauty, and I thought, 'I don't even want to go on this audition. I'm just
> going to be embarrassed. I'm going to get in the room, and I'm going to be
> embarrassed.' But she infiltrates. And that's what terminators are going to be
> now. They infiltrate. They hide. They're not, 'What is that superhuman
> person?' That's what we're going to do with this series. And, I think, every
> week people are going to be watching the show going, 'OK, which one is it?'"
>
> The Sarah Connor Chronicles (whose title may change to Terminator: The Sarah
> Connor Chronicles) was adapted for television by Josh Friedman, who wrote
> 2005's War of the Worlds. It picks up the story of the title character (played
> by 300's Lena Headey) and her son, John Connor (Thomas Dekker) sometime after
> the 1991 second film, Terminator 2: Judgment Day. Glau plays a mysterious girl
> named Cameron, who turns out to be a terminator sent back from the year 2027
> to protect John and Sarah in the past.
>
> Glau, best known for her role as River Tam in the series Firefly and the
> feature film Serenity, said that she was daunted at the prospect of taking on
> an iconic character who doesn't have any emotions to draw upon.
>
> "I was, to be honest, very intimidated," she said. "I didn't know how to play
> this character. I've played very vulnerable characters so far, and it's kind
> of what I do. So playing a girl that can't truly feel anything was very
> intimidating for me. It was hard to find a way to make the scene interesting.
> And I worked with Josh a lot of it. And then, in my final test, when I tested
> for the role, he wrote a third scene where I had to cry. And I was so confused
> by it at first. And then I realized that he's really going to take this far.
> She is really human. She can mimic the most subtle human emotions as well as a
> spy."
>
> Glau was well aware that the audience may see some similarities between her
> character and a certain other superpowered teenager from another television
> series. In fact, when she got the role, she called Buffy the Vampire Slayer
> creator Joss Whedon (who also created Firefly) for advice.
>
> "I called Joss when I got the role, because I wanted his input and what he
> [...]

"There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels will get
organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A Man Without A
Country"

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: