They *do* look incredibly cheesy, but they're still fun, in the same way Speed
Racer cartoons are still fun

From: "B. Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I loved those when I was a kid. Our local tv station showed a block
of Marvel toons. Monday was the 60s Spider-Man and they ran all the
static toon the rest of the week. We even got the Sub-Mariner and
Thor.

I've seen the sets but I just don't have the heart to watch them now
because I know they'll seem ultra cheesy. I occaisionally listen to
the corny theme music on my MP3 player when I'm feeling nostalgic.

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Do you remember the Marvel cartoons from waaaay back in the 60s?
The ones that were literally static drawings from the comics,
and "movement" consisted of the static figures being moved across the
screen? Or how the stiff bodies wouldn't move, but a tiny bit of
animation would be done for their mouths? Man, I *love* those
old 'toons! I have several copies of them: Iron Man, Hulk, Captain
America. The theme songs are hilarious too. You want a good laugh,
go find a copy of Hulk so you can watch his non-moving body smash!

> From: Daryle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Kids love these DVDs. LOVE them. I play them on(/at) Saturdays. 8-
12 year
> olds go CRAZY. They buy them and watch them again and again and
again. I
> hope Marvel keeps this stuff coming. This way they can make Iron
Man for
> adults and kids will have their own story to watch.
>
> Personally, I don¹t enjoy these as much as I do the live action
Marvel
> movies. There¹s also a really neat looking box where you can get the
> Avengers and Iron Man DVDs in one set.
>
> Also, the short lived animated Spider Man (MTV¹s version) and
Fantastic
> Four series are available on DVD.
>
> On 7/25/07 10:09 AM, "B. Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > The first Ultimate Avengers is very good and but something about
> > about the second one didn't quite work at times. The Hulk steals
the
> > show.
> >
> > I enjoyed Iron Man but the ending was a bit of a letdown.
> >
> > --- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:scifinoir2%
40yahoogroups.com> ,

> > Ultimate
> > wondering