odd. so it's  a soap opera?

From: Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Well, I was a pretty morbid kid back then, so I ate the show up. Overall, it
wasn't much to write home about. One freaky thing that sticks with me about it
is the fact that Alexandra Moltke, the woman who played professional victim
Victoria Winters, ended up being Claus von Bulow's mistress and probably the
reason he ffed his wife.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: Explain to me what made "Dark Shadows" so good? I
glimpsed it as a child several times, but never watched. Every time it seemed
moody, depressing, glum. I have memories of darkened rooms, slow mournful dirge
as music, lots of rain and thunder. It always depressed me in the few minutes
time I tried to watch it.
Of course, some of that doleful mood might be that my mom always insisted on
keeping all the doors and windows shut even in the middle of summer, so I was
already depressed and in a dark mood before watching "Dark Shadows"! :)

From: "Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. Minor)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> More Retreads.. at lest it is with one of my favorite actors. The
> third time is the charm.
>
> Depp Bites Into Dark Shadows
>
> Johnny Depp will star in a feature-film version of the 1960s vampire
> soap opera Dark Shadows, Variety reported.
>
> Warner Brothers is teaming with Depp's Infinitum-Nihil and Graham King's
> GK Films to develop the movie.
>
> Depp has said in interviews that he has always been obsessed with Dark
> Shadows and had, as a child, wanted to be Barnabas Collins, the vampire
> patriarch of the series. The role was originated by Jonathan Frid.
>
> A rights deal just closed with the estate of Dan Curtis, the
> producer/director who created the soap that aired weekdays on ABC, from
> 1966 to 1971. Depp and King will produce with David Kennedy, who ran Dan
> Curtis Productions until Curtis died last year of a brain tumor.
> Infinitum-Nihil's Christi Dembrowski served as the point person on the
> deal.
> http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=42810

"There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels will get
organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A Man Without A
Country"