You just made me laugh during a very difficult time! I completely agree! I
heard this mournful response all the way here in Texas!

From: Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. Minor)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
August 6, 2007 - IGN has learned from a trusted source that director
J.J. Abrams would like to have an A-list star cameo in his forthcoming
big-screen reboot of Star Trek. According to our source -- whose scoops
have always panned out in the past -- Abrams is wooing his Mission:
Impossible III star Tom Cruise to cameo in Star Trek ... as Captain
Christopher Pike!

Cruise's name first surfaced last fall as a possibility for a role in
Trek, but Cruise spokesman Arnold Robinson advised TrekMovie.com at the
time, "That story is not true." There was still bad blood between Cruise
and Trek studio Paramount at that time, but in recent months Sumner
Redstone, the Viacom honcho who ousted Cruise, has softened his
rhetoric, leaving the door open for reconciliation. A Cruise cameo in
Trek, however, would be a favor to Abrams and not to Paramount.

Again, we stress that Abrams is said to only be talking to Cruise at
this point; that doesn't mean Cruise will actually agree to do it. And
just so you know, Cruise's camp balked at our March scoop for the comedy
Men, which Variety confirmed last month. Cruise's last big-screen cameo
was in Austin Powers in Goldmember.

And if you think this Cruise stuff is crazy then you don't even want to
know which A-lister we were told Paramount is trying to land to play the
villain!

Trekkers know that Pike was James T. Kirk's predecessor as captain of
the U.S.S. Enterprise and Mr. Spock's first commanding officer. Pike was
the captain in the original and unaired TV pilot, "The Cage," where he
was portrayed by the late Jeffrey Hunter.

When NBC balked at the cerebral nature of the show and wanted a new,
action-heavy pilot filmed, Hunter was unavailable so a new character,
Captain Kirk, was created. The unaired pilot was later recycled for the
two-part first season episode "The Menagerie," which saw Spock
court-martialed for trying to take a disfigured Pike back to Talos IV,
the setting of "The Cage." In Trek lore, Spock served with Pike for
about a decade.
http://movies.ign.com/articles/810/810794p1.html

Yahoo! Groups Links

"There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels will get
organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A Man Without A
Country"