Parting Of The Ways Coming To 'Battlestar Galactica'

By MICHAEL HINMAN
Source: SyFy Portal
Sep-10-2007

This story contains possible MODERATE SPOILERS for the upcoming fourth
season of "Battlestar Galactica."

There seems to be a lot of couples in SciFi Channel's now Emmy-winning
"Battlestar Galactica," whether it be Saul Tigh and Ellen, Lee and
Dualla, maybe even Will Adama and Laura. It's almost a shipper's paradise.

As expected, however, few relationships found in drama last long, and
"Battlestar Galactica" is no different. However, one breakup coming up
in the fourth season is one that probably no one had seen coming.

"Say good-bye to the Six in Baltar's head," a source told SyFy Portal's
Michael Hinman. "As much as we like Baltar having this controlling
figure literally in his head, we couldn't keep it up forever."

James Callis' character of Baltar has been visited by a mental version
of Tricia Helfer's Six since the 2003 miniseries. And the third season
episode "Downloaded" showed that he isn't the only one. The resurrected
Caprica Six has a mental visitor of her own -- Gaius Baltar. Which, of
course, has prompted a lot of questions from fans.

But Baltar won't be alone for long.

"We all know that [Baltar] can't follow the 'plan' by himself, so he
will get another visitor," the source said. "He'll be paid a visit by
his own likeness that had been helping [Caprica] Six. It should really
make things interesting in the last season as everyone tries to figure
out who the final Cylon is."

Who are these personas? The source won't say, but there has been a lot
of speculation that they are all tied into the Leoben (Callum Keith
Rennie) that Kara Thrace (Katee Sackhoff) saw in her "death" episode,
"Maelstrom."

Of course, none of this has been confirmed by SciFi Channel or anyone
else -- and is subject to change before the actual episodes air, so
treat it was you would any rumor.

"Battlestar Galactica" returns in November with the telemovie "Razor,"
and then will begin its fourth and final season in early 2008.

http://www.syfyportal.com/news424135.html

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: