When one is truly incompetent and knows it, sometimes the only
protection from getting fired (or impeached) is a thin blue line (or
party-loyalists you can easily hire and blame later).

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Unfortunately, true. He reminds me of the Thin Blue Line with the
police.  I always am amazed at how some cops feel that other cops
need to back them up when they do wrong. I get the whole idea of
trust, being able to put your life in your partner's hands if need
be. But sometimes cops forget that their primary goal is to serve the
*people*, and that a cop who's violated our trust isn't worthy of
protection. Same with Bush. He and his gang are our servants, not the
other way around, and he should be surrounded by people who remind
him to do what's right by us, not by his narrow definition of right
and wrong.