>From what I understand about "Bionic Woman", the choice of a younger actress
is integral to the basic story. It's not just a remake, but an update.

It's important to note that the most successful franchise on TV is Law &
Order, and generally, they like their women to be GROWN.

As for the other shows, I think the teen fixation (and let's be honest,
it's really a teen FEMALE fixation, which, at this point, is just creepy.)
is about over. It's clear to me that there have been some very old men in
decision making positions, who were pulling a Patrick Stewart ( see that
Extras episode) and just wanted to see young girls around. There's no other
explanation for it. The casting of Lois Lane in "Returns" was just silly.
Katie Holmes is now Mrs. Katherine Cruise, Hollywood wife, bad actress, and
mother. Whoever that girl is in "Transformers" is as much in high school as
*I* am. Even the kids on Disney Channel and Nick are growing up. I think
we've seen the end of an era.