This is what I said on another forum about the Heroes version of my
hometown, New Orleans.

"And the winner for worst New Orleans depiction ever: Heroes.

Apparently they thought LA could stand in for New Orleans with no
modifications.

Fool? No one in New Orleans says fool as in "break yourself fool!"
Where the hell did that come from? 1991 California?

The accents make K-Ville cound pitch perfect. Where was that white
chick supposed to be from? The Missiissippi or Alabama Gulf Coast?
And how in the post-Katrina world how could they not know that
Louisiana doesn't have counties? It's called a parish."

The latest episode just got worse. The architecture and sets are so
wrong, the police uniforms are nowhere near right, the accents (the
horror, the horror), kids playing double dutch a place that looked
more New York than New Orleans and on and on.

I do like Micah's cousin aka the Taskmistress. She has a cool
powerset. Hopefully we get more of her and less diversions into
ancient Japan. That is such a convoluted mess.

That was a nice swerve with Parkman's dad.

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, "Tracey de Morsella (formerly
Tracey L. Minor)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I agree totally. The thrill is gone. and to make matters worse,
every
> week they bring out even more characters. its so disappointing. I
keep
> hoping it gets better. my husband stopped watching totally. They
are
> really blowing it
>
> ravenadal wrote:
> >
> > Heroes (Heroes (Season 2))
> > C+
> >
> > FALLEN HEROES
> >
> > Here's hoping NBC's drama can rescue itself from a diabolical
> > sophomore slump
> >
> > By Gillian Flynn
> >
> > This week on Heroes: Claire (Hayden Panettiere) continues to
marvel
> > at the same powers of regeneration she's always had! Hiro (Masi
Oka)
> > does cute things in feudal Japan! And after a journey of
> > approximately 42 million miles from one vague part of Central
America
> > to another vague part of Central America, our new, haplessly
> > murderous hero Maya (The Sopranos' Dania Ramirez) is still
blubbering
> > for her twin brother (Shalim Ortiz) and bleeding black goo from
her
> > eyes! Wait, which week is this? Every week.
> >
> > NBC's once-inventive series is in a creative sinkhole. Frenetic
but
> > bizarrely repetitive, the drama bores from myriad worldwide
locales
> > that all look like the backlot of M*A*S*H. Season 2 sees previous
> > standout heroes â€" unkillable Claire, time-freezing Hiro â€"
gone solo
> > in their own painful, stagnant story lines. Claire is living
> > undercover in California, her now saintlike dad (Jack Coleman)
> > repeatedly warning her not to be interesting. Mission
accomplished!
> > Claire's been saddled with a laser-eyed beau (Rocket Science's
> > Nicholas D'Agosto) who also has powers â€" he can fly, with the
aid of
> > mediocre special effects. (The writers think we should be dazzled
by
> > this ''flying'' business, forgetting that people took to the air
> > repeatedly last season.) In an even more labored plot, Hiro has
> > landed in 17th-century Japan, where he finds his idol, the samurai
> > Kensei (Alias' David Anders), and falls in love with an
> > anachronistically spunky heroine (a must in the time-travel
genre).
> > That's right, Hiro â€" the most neutered TV character since
Screech â€"
> > is remaining in feudal Japan to ogle a babe. Stripped of any
genuine
> > mission, he now has little to do but smile like an adorable, gassy
> > baby. It's increasingly unbearable.
> >
> > Which is a good phrase to describe Heroes itself. With its larger
> > mythology shunted to the side (no, a mysterious recurring symbol
doth
> > not a uniting backstory make), Heroes feels less like Heroes than
> > horrid combination of T.J. Hooker and Charlie's Angels: Peter
> > Petrelli (Milo Ventimiglia) commits holdups in Ireland; another
> > extraneous new hero, New Orleanian Monica (The Nine's Dana Davis)
is
> > roundhouse-kicking robbers; serial-killing Sylar (Zachary Quinto)
has
> > gone fugitive with the weeping twins. What happened to...saving
the
> > planet? Like the endangered Earth that's oft alluded to, Heroes is
> > degrading at a remarkable pace: The dialogue has gone from comic-
book
> > cool to Dick-and-Jane obvious, the stylistic angles have turned
flat,
> > entire scenes are devoted to Suresh (Sendhil Ramamurthy) and
Parkman