Tracey,
Good call on Idris Elba. He'd be a good choice.

Chiwetel Ejiofor showed some good action hero cred in Serenity and he
definitely has the acting chops.

As far as Michael Jai White. I was thinking of his performances in
Thick As Thieves, Undisputed 2 and the stuff from Kill Bill that
ended up on the cutting room floor. He can do the menacing tough guy
but he has a pretty good comedic touch as well and that could bring
something to the role. But it's a moot point because he's over 40 and
that's ancient in Hollywood years.

Personally I would love to see one of the original treatments for
Blade 3 get filmed. It was the one where the vampires cause the
apocolypse in the future and the last free humans manage to use a
form of time travel to contact present day Blade in an attempt to
stop their timeline from happening. It will never be filmed but it
was a great story.

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> agreed. i don't see Jai White for the role. Man, here's a a
concept: how about  casting the net wide for the *best* actor, not
the actors with some kind of name recognition? One of my greatest
joys in going to the movies is seeing a completely unknown actor in a
role. Usually, we're so used to saying "Russell Crowe was great in
that role", or "Denzel Washington disappeared in that part"
or "Charlize Theron didn't even look like herself".  Afte a while,
try as we might, we can never ignore the *actor* playing the role, no
matter how good he/she is. But put an unknown in and it's easier to
get into.  The young lady who played Ray Charles' mother in "Ray" is
a perfect example. I'd never seen or heard of her before, yet she
gave what was an Oscar-worthy performance in my opinion, and it was
great that I didn't come in already knowing of her.