times, those...

From: Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I admit to crying at the ending.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: odd movie, made me kind of sad at the ending.
Definitely has that late '60s/early '70s feel....

From: Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Works for me, too. Wish that someone would air "Silent Running", for me. TCM
had it on awhile back, but I missed it.

Mike Street <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: I kept it kinda old school and watched
"Close Encounters of the Third Kind"
still one of the best sci fi movies ever created.

On Nov 26, 2007 3:56 PM, Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Keith, I recall seeing on a 1999 web site that an Eagle's max speed was
> just short of lightspeed. If so, then the issue of range is kind of moot. On
> another site, the show was referred to as a "science fantasy", which would
> cover a lot of the glaring science goofs, such as the notion of nuclear
> waste exploding with enough force to hurl the Moon clear of Earth orbit.
> After seeing the pilot, I sat down and did the math necessary for that to
> happen. Not in the realm of a conventional clean-nuke blast, let me tell
> you.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] <KeithBJohnson%40comcast.net> wrote: Love one of
> the early "Space: 1999" eps where they're still in the Solar System. I think
> they're out near Neptune. There's an abandoned spaceship that has some kind
> of flesheating monster on it. The creature's like a giant squid or
> something, with one giant lighted eye in the center of its body. It pulls
> people in, thein a moment later, ejects a smoking corpse, as though the
> body'd been doused in acid. As a kid, i found that show to be scary. I
> suspect i might laugh at it nowadays.
>

> I do wonder why, if they were still in the Solar System, they didn't just
> abandon Moon Base Alpha in those funky spaceships and head back towards
> Earth? I guess their range was too limited and the Moon was moving too
> fast...

> From: Daryle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<yokozuna%40globalsoulmedia.com>>
>
> I watched the first 2 seasons of Sliders. This started off as a really fun
> and interesting show. It ended so terribly that it's easy to forget that.
>
> I am actually still on holiday this week, and so I will be watching the
> first 2 seasons of Space: 1999, and a bunch of anime I've been collecting
> for the past year and have not watched.
>
> On 11/26/07 3:58 AM, "Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. Minor)"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <tdlists%40multiculturaladvantage.com>>
> wrote:
>
> > It seems as if a lot of us use the Thanksgiving holiday to chill out
> > with some DVDs, We watched Mr. Brooks (loved it), Seraphim Falls with
> > Pierce Brosnan and Liam Neeson, Spiderman III, and we got Ants for my
> > little girl. What did you guys watch?
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

> "There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels will get
> organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A Man Without A
> Country"

Blogs:

The Greasy Guide
http://greasyguide.com
Your Online Destination for Urban Information

Coming Soon
Street Sweet NYC
http://www.streetsweetnyc.com
Get your fix on cupcake bliss.