I thought it was a weak Angel rip off, when I first watched it, but
after the third episode, it began improving every week and I'm surprised
to tell you that I like it.  It still does not come close to Angel, but
the storylines are getting better, they are starting to create their own
unique and interesting mythology and the characters are starting to
evolve.  I remember there being at least one or two other ans on the list.

'Moonlight' On Path To Renewal
http://www.syfyportal.com/news424510.html

By MICHAEL HINMAN
Source: Hollywood Reporter
Dec-04-2007

Garlic may not repel it, sunshine may not kill it, and Moonves won't
cancel it.

It looks like "Moonlight" is close to earning a second season renewal
from CBS, one of two new shows network chief Les Moonves says he feels
will make a return in 2008.

Moonves spent some time talking to The Hollywood Reporter about the fall
season, which has been dismal in terms of new shows for nearly all the
networks. NBC probably took the biggest hit, but CBS hasn't fared too
well either. In fact, the only other show that would probably earn a
renewal is the comedy "Big Bang Theory."

"That's Hall of Fame batting," Moonves said, saying two hits out of five
swings was something he was proud of. Shows like "Moonlight" represented
a risky move for the network, but probably not as risky as the musical
"Viva Laughlin," which only lasted a few episodes before CBS yanked it
from the schedule.

"It was a Hail Mary pass," said Moonves, shifting his analogies from
baseball to football. "We took it. We'll continue to do that. We
continue to feel very bullish about the network television business."

"Moonlight" has been one of fall's most consistent genre series.
Although it's the least-watched CBS program on Friday night, it still is
doing almost as well as "Heroes" on NBC and "Pushing Daisies" on ABC in
terms of overnight ratings. Its household rating fell to a series low in
its third episode, but has never really come close since, sitting a
little more than half a rating point off its series premiere numbers.
"Bionic Woman," on the other hand, has not been so lucky for NBC. That
show has lost more than half of its premiere audience, and continues to
post series lows.

"Moonlight" airs Fridays at 9 p.m. ET on CBS.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: