why do you think LOTR bored you at the theatre? what was the difference in your
home viewing experience?

From: Daryle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

And here is where the fandom line is sort of drawn. I have said this before,
and I will say it again. I saw LOTR in a theater and I have never had such a
good sleep outside of my own bed. I tried again with the second picture, and
again, fell asleep. These just aren¹t my kind of stories. I can appreciate
the production value, but I simply have never cared about these stories. So
last year I watched all three on DVD, stayed awake, and was amazed at what I
saw. Peter Jackson is a great filmmaker and tells stories better than many
of his contemporaries.

Raimi has done stories that I DO care about, and I have to say that he is
remarkably inconsistent. Consistently FUNNY, but not exactly a string of
classics. I like Sam himself more than the pictures he¹s done. WITH THE
EXCEPTION of Spider Man 2.

On 12/22/07 11:15 AM, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> i gotta disagree on "Hellboy". That movie rocked. And some of the pieces: the
> initial magic working with Nazis, the religious dude, the look and feel of
> their headquarters, all show a deft hand with set design, FX, and even CGI.
> It's not a direct one-to-one correlation with the world of the Hobbit, but my
> point is the basic skillsets and abilities shown there can be adapted. I mean,
> after Blood Simple (think that was it) and The Frighteners, I never would have
> pegged Jackson to be right for LOTR, but New Line saw something in him...

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:Gymfig%40aol.com>
>
> In a message dated 12/22/2007 1:44:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:KeithBJohnson%40comcast.net> writes:
>
> for some reason I feel del Toro's immersion in fantasy (Pan's Labyrinth, Hell
> boy) would work, combined with his natural ebullience and childlike sense of
> wonder
>
> Pan had other theme intertwined in the movie. The Hobbit is not a mature
> prequel. Maybe he could do Tne Simarillion.
>
> Hellboy was a cheap comic book adaptation. It is good for the Sci Fi channel
> or FX. I don't see The Hobbit being a sci fi or FX kind of movie. The tone is
> too different.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: