This makes me very angry. My first foray into the Net was with AOL, which I
loved for a while. Once I tired of it, I got MindSpring, an Atlanta-based
company which later merged with Earthlink. Mindspring's browser of choice was
Netscape Navigator. I loved everything about Netscape: the way you could easily
copy/paste its list of saved URLs to another computer...the way you could do
the same with its Address book...the interface that let you quickly see what
plugins the browser had and what function they fulfilled...and especially, a
little feature (whose name escapes me) that allowed you to put the same URL in
several different folders without having to do a copy/paste. This was a great
device for me, as some links fit in more than one category. Black Ameria Web,
for example, goes in both my "Black Culture" and "Audio Sites" folders. Best of
all, Netscape was powerful, easy to use, well laid out, and not a major drain
on computer resources.

Then Bill Gates decided to give away Internet Explorer for free. I can't stand
people who can't compete fairly,  and this was a major example of Gates just
cheating far as i'm concerned. Worse, like so many of microsoft's moves, Gates
actually pushed *inferiour* software on is in the form of IE. Most of
Microsoft's major products and functionality over the years have been inferiour
to the competition, but money, power, dirty tactics, and market penetrability
have won the day.

AOL destroyed Netscape, however, and i quit using it after that. I don't use
Firefox for the simple reason that my main computer is a company laptop and i
don't want anyone geting on me about it. I will use Firefox on the next home
machine I build.

Saddest of all is that Netscape's demise will be largely unheralded and
unremarked. Most people the world around will not remember there was a better
alternative to IE, won't remember yet another example of how Gates squashed
creativity and innovation for greed, and won't realize just how free our
choices are in this world.

Very, very sad news...

From: "Reece Jennings" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I'm a Firefox guy myself. I keep IE7 on my machine, but it's got dust on
it.
I DID buy something from Microsoft that I love, though.

Windows Live OneCare. It does my virus, spyware and firewall protection,
defrags my
drives, backs up my drives, and a couple of other things.

Maurice Jennings
Have you or someone you know been threatened with foreclosure?
KEEP your home and Stop Foreclosure in its Tracks!
Get a Free, No Obligation Evaluation => http://www.legacyhomesavers.com
<http://www.legacyhomesavers.com/>

_____