I'm with you, Rave...

ravenadal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:          Don't cry for Mr. Diesel. After a
shallow 2007, he appears to have a
full slate of films scheduled and announced for 2008 & 2009
including "Hannibal the Conquerer."

Plot: Vin Diesel stars as the Carthaginian general who led an
elephant-riding battalion across the Alps to attack Rome in the 3rd
Century B.C.

But, I'll believe that one when I see it.

~rave!

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Street" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> [...]
>
> There are some good movies on this list. Lots of stuff I wanna see
and
> a lot of stuff I will never watch. Narina is gonna do big number and
> I'm glad they are doing the books justice. I watched the British
> version and I think they are doing an excellent job. I just wanna
know
> what will happen after the 3rd book. Cause the kids can't come back
> Narina after the Silver Chair.
>
> On Dec 29, 2007 8:44 AM, Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > "One Missed Call"- sums it up perfectly.
> >
> > "In The Name of the King"- it'll probably flop, but I'll pay to
see Statham
> > go medieval on someone's a$$. (pun fully intended)
> >
> > "Cloverfield"- the young'uns will make it happen.
> >
> > "Teeth"- doubt it'll have any bite.
> >
> > "Untraaceable"- I think it's got a great chance, in the Internet-
voyeur
> > era.
> >
> > "Jumper"- another one for the kids. If it's done right, it might
pick up
> > some of the adults who read the book.
> >
> > "The Spiderwick Chronicles"- my niece and her friends have been
talking
> > this one up since it was announced last year. Based on that, I'll
say yes.

> > "The Signal"- "One Missed Call" again. Cancellation effect.
> >
> > "Babylon A.D"- no. Not even with the Big Diesel in front.
> >
> > "The Water Horse"- I've heard that this one's not really even
for kids,
> > that it as a few bits that might spook the younger kids. If my
scuttlebutt
> > is right, then I think it'll draw the first weekend, then tail
off as word
> > of mouth gets out.
> >
> > "10,000 B.C."- only if Raquel does a cameo.
> >
> > "The Forbidden Kingdom"- it might recover its money, but I don't
see it
> > going big big big.
> >
> > "Iron Man"- if it doesn't do well, it'll be because they refused
to let the
> > Technonerdati in the door.
> >
> > "Prince Caspian"- ditto. I wasn't expecting much out of the
first Narnia
> > movie, and was pleasantly surprised.
> >
> > "Indiana Jones IV"- if they offer Geritol at the door, they
might recoup.
> > Not even *I'm* game for this. And I *hate* Nazis...
> >
> > "Starship Dave"- no. Just no. No, I take that back. It'll
probably do well,
> > but I won't be there.
> >
> > "Speed Racer"- yes. Kids like retro. Adults like retro, too.
> >
> > "The Incredible Hulk"- doubt t. People's memories are short, but
their
> > senses of smell are long, and "The Hulk" stunk the joint up but
good.

> > "The Dark Knight"- try to keep 'em out of the theaters. I dare
you.

> > "Wallace" to quote the eminent scientist Hubert Farnsworth, "Hu-
WHA?"

> > "Hancock"- probably. But I'm not sold on it, especially after
seeing the
> > trailer. Just me and my weirdness.
> >
> > "Hellboy 2"- yes. Yes.YES.
> >
> > "The Mummy 3"- no. No. NO. To paraphrase, once was enough.
> >
> > "Jurassic Park IV"- see above.
> >
> > "The Day The Earth Stood Still'- Klaatu. Barada. NiktNO...
> >
> > "Star Trek XI'"- Probably will do well. My only question- WHY?
> >
> > "The Mutant Chronicles"- X-fans will go to see it, be p*ssed off
because
> > there are no X-Men in it. Word gets out, and it's on DVD the
following
> > month.
> >
> > "Deathrace 3000" Zelazny will rise from his grave just long
enough to beg
> > the masses *not* to see this. He won't have to be out for long.
> >
> > "They Came From Upstairs"- probably won't do well at the box
office. Based
> > on this blurb, I'll go to see it.
> >
> > "Watchmen"- if it doesn't, I'll be surprised.
> >
> > "The Lovely Bones"- Peter Jackson. Need I say more?
> >
> > "Wolverine"- uh, this is a trick question, right?
> >
> > "Monsters vs. Aliens"- it'll do even better if the Aliens in it
aren't the
> > Aliens from "Aliens vs Predator".
> >
> > "Terminator 4"- I don't think it will fly. I think that all but
the
> > hardcore fans are sick of the franchise.
> >
> > "Sin City 2"- The Yellow B*stard will be swimming in green.
> >
> > "Logan's Run"- it might do well, appealing to the young'uns who
are afraid
> > to grow old.
> >
> > "The Hobbit"- another trick question, right?
> >
> > "Deathlok"- not enough people know who he is to make it work.
Unless Marvel
> > brings him back again (I think he was in a major book earlier
this year),
> > not much of a chance.
> >
> > I now leave you to wonder why anyone with common sense would
sell me a
> > wireless PC card...
> >
> > "Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. Minor)"
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: The following is a list of
> > Speculative Fiction Movies Coming Out on
> >

> > 2008. Which ones are you looking forward to? Which ones do you
think
> > will hit and which ones do you think will flop?
> >
> > One Missed Call
> > U.S. Opening Date:January 4.
> > A chain of people receive terrifying cell phone messages--actual
> > recordings of their own horrifying last moments before dying.
> >
> > In The Name Of The King: A Dungeon Siege Tale
> > U.S. Opening Date: 11 January 2008
> > Jason Statham must find his kidnapped wife and avenge the death
of his
> > son, amidst the backdrop of war in the Kingdom of Ehb.
> >
> > Cloverfield
> > U.S. Opening Date:January 18
> > A group of friends document their attempt to survive when a
monster the
> > size of a skyscraper descends upon New York City.
> >
> > Teeth
> > U.S. Opening Date:January 18
> > A high school student discovers she has a bizarre "physical
advantage"
> > when she becomes the object of male violence.
> >
> > Untraceable
> > Opening January 25, 2008
> > Within the FBI, there exists a division dedicated to
investigating and
> > prosecuting criminals on the internet. A tech-savvy internet
predator
> > is displaying his graphic murders on his own website--and the
fate of
> > each of his tormented captives is left in the hands on the
public:

> > Jumper
> > U.S. Opening date: 15 February 2008
> > A teenager (Hayden Christensen, Young Darth Vader) discovers he
can
> > teleport from one place to another and uses this ability to
search for
> > the man he believes killed his mother .
> >
> > The Spiderwick Chronicles
> > U.S. Opening Date: 15 February 2008
> > The quest for the next Harry Potter/Narnia franchise continues
> >
> > The Signal
> > U.S. Opening Date: 22 February 2008
> > People being turned into homicidal psychos by their cell phones?
So it's
> > a documentary then
> >
> > Babylon A.D.
> > U.S. Opening Date: 29 February 2008
> > Vin Diesel's upcoming sci-fi actioner looks kinda cheap
> >
> > The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep
> > U.S. Opening Date: 29 February 2008
> > Old-fashioned tale about a boy and his, um, sea monster
> >
> > 10,000 B.C.
> > U.S. Opening Date: 7 March 2008
> > Latest Roland Emmerich special effects epic
> >
> > The Forbidden Kingdom
> > Release Date:
> > An American teenager who is obsessed with Hong Kong cinema and
kung-fu
> > classics makes an extraordinary discovery in a Chinatown
pawnshop: the
> > legendary stick weapon of the Chinese sage and warrior, the
Monkey King.
> > With the lost relic in hand, the teenager unexpectedly finds
himself
> > traveling back to ancient China to join a crew of warriors from
martial
> > arts lore on a dangerous quest to free the imprisoned Monkey
King. Stars
> > Jet Li and Jackie Chan
> >
> > Iron Man
> > U.S. Opening date: 2 May 2008
> > Tony Stark, a billionaire industrialist and inventor, is
kidnapped and
> > forced by his captors to design and build a weapon. Secretly,
Stark
> > instead creates a mechanized suit of armor and escapes.
Returning to the
> > U.S., he discovers a dangerous plot and becomes Iron Man to stop
it

> > The Chronicles Of Narnia: Prince Caspian
> > U.S. Opening Date: 16 May 2008
> > Time flies much faster in the magical world of Narnia than it
does in
> > our world, so the next time the Pevensey siblings (Peter, Susan,
Edmund
> > and Lucy) travel there from an English train station, they find
> > themselves on an island during a time when Narnia is ruled by
the Wicked
> > King Miraz. The Pevenseys ally themselves with the young Prince
Caspian,
> > and the mighty lion Aslan, in an effort to revive Narnia's past
and
> > overthrow the evil king.
> >
> > Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
> > U.S. Opening Date: 22 May 2008
> > Considering that its star Harrison Ford is 64 years old a better
title
> > might be Indiana Jones and the Pensioner's Discount
> >
> > Starship Dave
> > U.S. Opening Date: 30 May 2008
> > Eddie Murphy's upcoming sci-fi comedy has a cool idea behind it
> >
> > Speed Racer
> > U.S. Opening date: 13 June 2008
> > Follows the racing exploits of Speed Racer, a charming young
driver
> > lucky enough to be behind the wheel of the Mach 5, a "super car"
that
> > can make amazing jumps, go underwater, and other tricks using
amazing
> > gadgets
> >
> > The Incredible Hulk
> > U.S. Opening date: 13 June 2008
> > The hunt for the Hulk is escalating, even as Dr. Banner thinks
he might
> > be closer to finding a cure for his dark (green) curse. The
screen won't
> > feature just one big green monster, however, as the Hulk's enemy
this
> > time around will be the Abomination, another gamma-radiated
creature.

> > The Dark Knight
> > U.S. Opening date: 18 June 2008
> > The follow-up to Batman Begins, The Dark Knight reunites director
> > Christopher Nolan and star Christian Bale, who reprises the role
of
> > Batman/Bruce Wayne.
> >
> > Wall•E
> > U.S. Opening date: 27 June 2008
> > Pixar's upcoming flick about a cute robot. Some wags have called
it
> > Short Circuit 3,
> >
> > Hancock
> > Release Date: 2 July 2008
> > A hard-living superhero (Smith) who has fallen out of favor with
the
> > public enters into a questionable relationship with the wife
(Theron) of
> > the public relations professional (Bateman) who's trying to
repair his
> > image.
> >
> > The Dark Knight
> > Release Date: July 18
> > Batman raises the stakes in his war on crime. With the help of
> > Lieutenant Jim Gordon and District Attorney Harvey Dent, Batman
sets out
> > to dismantle the remaining criminal organizations that plague
the city
> > streets. The partnership proves to be effective, but they soon
find
> > themselves prey to a reign of chaos unleashed by a rising
criminal
> > mastermind known to the terrified citizens of Gotham as The
Joker.

> > Hellboy 2: The Golden Army
> > U.S. Opening date: 1 August 2008
> > The sequel to the 2003 movie based on Mike Mignola's Dark Horse
comic
> > character.
> >
> > The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
> > U.S. Opening Date: 31 August 2008
> > The third Mummy movie has no mummy in it
> >
> > Jurassic Park IV
> > U.S. Opening Date: Summer 2008
> > Nothing is firmly known about the details of this fourth movie's
> > premise, except that it will surely involve cloned dinosaurs
running
> > around, attacking and eating people.
> >
> > The Day the Earth Stood Still
> > U.S. Opening Date: 12 December 2008
> > A remake starring Keaunu Reeves!
> >
> > Star Trek XI
> > U.S. Opening Date: 25 December 2008
> > Zachary Quinto (psycho bad guy Sylar from Heroes) will play
Spock and
> > Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz) will be Scotty in the
upcoming
> > Trek reboot by the creative team of Lost .
> >
> > The Mutant Chronicles
> > U.S. Opening date: TBA 2008
> > Thomas Jane (The Punisher) battles mutant hordes in a distant
future
> > where everything is run by huge corporations, a bit like today
then

> > Deathrace 3000
> > U.S. Opening Date: 2008
> > "Set in 2020, ours is an ultraviolent, no-holds-barred race with
heavily
> > armed Escalades, Ferraris and Aston Martins," says director Paul
W.S.
> > Anderson of his planned remake of this camp 1970s classic
> >
> > Movies Coming Out Beyond 2008
> >
> > They Came from Upstairs
> > U.S. Opening Date: 16 January 2009
> > Kids defend their vacation home from invading aliens
> >
> > Watchmen
> > U.S. Opening Date: 6 March 2009
> >
> > The Lovely Bones
> > Release Date: 13 March 2009
> > The Lovely Bones is the story of a 14-year-old girl from suburban
> > Pennsylvania who is murdered by her neighbor. She tells the
story from
> > Heaven, showing the lives of the people around her and how they
have
> > changed all while attempting to get someone to find her lost
body.

> > X-Men Origins: Wolverine
> > U.S. Opening Date: 1 May 2009
> > Wolverine-A mutant with regenerative powers, three claws on each
hand
> > and a skeleton all laced with the rare metal known as
adamantium. Logan
> > struggles to find the secrets to his past. After learning little
> > information through the help of Charles Xavier (X2's Patrick
Stewart),
> > Logan takes his search even further by learning the full truth
of his
> > origin, while also heading in a bold, new direction
> >
> > Monsters vs. Aliens
> > U.S. Opening Date: 15 May 2009
> > DreamWorks Animation's next effort looks like fun
> >
> > Terminator 4
> > U.S. Opening Date: Summer 2009
> >
> > Sin City 2
> > Release Date: 2009
> > The film's plot follows multiple storyline. One is based around
A Dame
> > to Kill For which follows Dwight (Clive Owen) and his former
love Ava
> > Lord (Rachel Weisz), who betrayed him and ended their
relationship for a
> > wealthier man. Ava now returns years later claiming her marriage
is
> > abusive and insisting that Dwight help her. After she frames him
for the
> > murder of her husband, Dwight, with the help of Marv, seeks to
clear his
> > name. Dwight's storyline in this film is a prequel to The Big
Fat Kill,
> > which occurred in the first film. It explains how Dwight came to
have
> > his "new face" and his connections with the Old Town prostitutes.
> > Another storyline follows Nancy (Jessica Alba) as she grieves
the death
> > of Detective Hartigan, the man she had grown to love after he
rescued
> > her from That Yellow Bastard who had kidnapped and attempted to
rape
> > then kill Nancy when she was a child.
> >
> > Logan's Run
> > U.S. Opening Date: TBA 2010
> > Remake of the 1970s sci-fi movie in which everyone dies at 30
> >
> > The Hobbit
> > U.S. Opening Date: 2010
> >
> > Deathlok
> > U.S. Opening Date: TBA
> > Based on a cool violent 1970s Marvel comic book about a half-man
> > half-machine cyborg hybrid anti-hero . .
> >

> > "There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels
will get
> > organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A Man
Without A
> > Country"

> Blogs:
>
> The Greasy Guide
> http://greasyguide.com
> Your Online Destination for Urban Information
>
> Coming Soon
> Street Sweet NYC
> http://www.streetsweetnyc.com
> Get your fix on cupcake bliss.

"Akin, but no matter what you think, I am concerned for your life, so I’ll only
say this once; if you talk too much or ask too many questions, you might say
something that interests the Community, and you really, really don’t want to
get them interested." - The Side Street Chonicles by C.W. Badie