I think that whomever gets the Dem Nomination will pull the support
of the other's base come election day simply because the people that
are willing to vote for Clinton and Obama just aren't down with the
guys running on the Repub side.

I'm down for Obama and I am down for Clinton because I don't think
they're really drastically different all the rhetoric aside. I'm
throwing a vote to Obama for the Texas Primary but I'll vote for
Clinton if she gets the nod. I can deal with Hillary a lot better
than I can deal with Romney,Huckabee,or McCain.

People used to ask me to speculate about Presidential elections
because I am politically minded. I try not to predict because I am
not good at it but I would always say, "I don't know who's gonna win
but I do know this for sure, after the election a rich white man is
gonna be running this country." I can't say that this year and I
gotta tell you  if nothing else the possibility of that change makes
me more driven to vote and participate than I have been in years.

Bosco
--- "B. Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
> the
> black
> > turnout, which is expected to be quite large. They have
> transformed
> > South Carolina into Washington, D.C. �" an all-black primary
> that
> tells
> > us how the African-American vote is going to go.
> >
> > By saying he will go door to door in black neighborhoods in South
>
> > Carolina matching his civil rights record against Obama’s, Bill
>
> Clinton
> > emphasizes the pivotal role the black vo te will play in the
> contest.
> > And by openly matching his record on race with that of the black
> > candidate, he invites more and more scrutiny focused on the race
> issue.
> >
> > Of course, Clinton is going to lose that battle. Blacks in Nevada
>
> > overwhelmingly backed Obama and will obviously do so again in
> South
> > Carolina, no matter how loudly former President Clinton protests.
>
> So why
> > is he making such a fuss over a contest he knows he’s going to
> lose?
> >
> > Precisely because he is going to lose it. If Hillary loses South
> > Carolina and the defeat serves to demonstrate Obama’s ability
> attract
> > a bloc vote among black Democrats, the message will go out loud
> and
> > clear to white voters that this is a racial fight. It’s one
> thing
> for
> > polls to show, as they now do, that Obama beats Hillary among
> > African-Americans by better than 4-to-1 and Hillary carries
> whites
> by
> > almost 2-to-1. But most people don’t read the fine print on the
>
> polls.
> > But if blacks deliver South Carolina to Obama, everybody will
> know
> that
> > they are bloc-voting. That will trigger a massive whi te backlash
>
> > against Obama and will drive white voters to Hillary Clinton.
> >
> > Obama has done everything he possibly could to keep race out of
> this
> > election. And the Clintons attracted national scorn when they
> tried
> > bring it back in by attempting to minimize the role Martin Luther
>
> King
> > Jr. played in the civil rights movement. But here they have a way
>
> of
> > appearing to seek the black vote, losing it, and getting their
> white
> > backlash, all without any fingerprints showing. The more
> President
> > Clinton begs black voters to back his wife, and the more they
> spurn
> her,
> > the more the election becomes about race �" and Obama
ultimately

http://www.townhall.com/Columnists/DickMorrisandEileenMcGann/2008/01/2
> 3/how_clinton_will_win_the_nomination_by_losing_south_carolina

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.