in white patent leather shoes?!

 From: "ravenadal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 Uh, you don't think Pat Boone is a criminal? His whole career was
 predicated on stealing record sales from the black originators of
 every hit Pat Boone ever had. It is criminal that Pat Boone's
 version of the aptly named "Ain't it a shame" sold more than Fats
 Domino's.

 ~(no)rave!

 --- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

 > "I we didn't play songs by criminals, we wouldn't play any songs at
 all" Jay Anthony Brown on the Tom Joyner Morning Show. The gang was
 discussing whether or not they should play R. Kelley songs if he's
 convicted of child pornography and whatever else he's charged with.
 They then went on to discuss others whose music they do play,
 including Bobby Brown (drugs, speeding, child support, all seen
 as "minor"), James Brown (spousal abuse, discharge of firearm,
 fleeing police), Rick James (imprisonment, abuse of that lady he
 burned with a cig), Michael Jackson (not convicted, but guilty in
 many minds).

 > Interesting conversation, and not, for once, something you can put
 only on Black people. The likes of Hank Williams, JR., Waylon
 Jennings, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, and the modern so-called "bad
 boys" have histories replete with drug abuse, theft/embezzlement,
 violence, etc.

 > Hmm, maybe Jay is right: if we didn't play music by criminals or
 nuts, we'd probably be left with Pat Boone and Lawrence Welk tunes!

"There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels will get
organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A Man Without A
Country"