From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] OT: Texas FLDS Group Sets up Website to Sell Their
Simple Clothing
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, July 1, 2008, 1:38 PM

            I hear you. The wild thing is how their look and dress hit people
more than the rumours of what they were doing. I know some people who were
skeptical, or at least, cautious, until they saw them. The look of that
ultra-modern (for 1829) dress made some people think, of course they're odd

Not saying it was all visual for you too, Martin. Was it that, or what they
said that did it?

The judge had to return them because her rulings were overturned by a higher
court, in what was seen as a rebuke for her taking all the kids. The higher
court seems to acknowledge that *some* kids might be at risk, but the state
couldn't prove that *all* of them were....

From: Martin <truthseeker_ [EMAIL PROTECTED] com>

Keith, when this entire thing first sprang up, I was thinking that it was
nothing more than another Guv'mint Waco-in-the- making.

And then I saw the Stepford Compound Wives on Today.

After that, I'm led to wonder what that judge was thinking in returning those
kids to that sitch. Wouldn't buy from that site if you held guns to the heads
of the five people in this world I care most about.

&quot;There is no reason Good can&#39;t triumph over Evil, if only angels will
get organized along the lines of the Mafia.&quot; -Kurt Vonnegut, &quot;A Man
Without A Country&quot;

--- On Tue, 7/1/08, KeithBJohnson@ comcast.net <KeithBJohnson@ comcast.net>