No...not really...

-See that guy who looks like a cross between Elvis and P-Funk? He is Johnny
Ross.- From THE SIDE STREET CHRONICLES by C.W. Badie

--- On Thu, 7/31/08, ravenadal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From: ravenadal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [scifinoir2] Re: Jolie Linked to Catwoman Role
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 10:06 AM

Wow. So I guess the rumor I am starting (you heard it here first,
folks!) about ROSARIO DAWSON starring as Catwoman would REALLY set you
off!

~rave!

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com, KeithBJohnson@ ... wrote:

> Noooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo o!
>
> You know my feelings about Jolie. She's a great actress at times,
still think she'd be a great pick for a female-oriented spy series.

> But please, please I hope this is a rumour, because we don't need
her intruding on the world of the Dark Knight. I can't stand Hollywood
stunt casting, where a named star is brought in to just get viewers.
That's one reason--among many, many others--that the first batman
franchise tanked in time. It became a venue for the big stars to put
on costumes--Michelle Pfeiffer, Tommy Lee Jones, Jim Carey, Ahnuld,
Clooney, Nicole Kidman--etc. Katie Holmes' was stunt casting 'cause
she was Mrs. Tom Cruise, and didn 't see that role at all. You can't
really lose yourself in a movie world when the latest
in-the-tabloid- every-day stars are on screen. That's when you get into
that mode of thinking "so-and-so is doing a good (or bad) job". And
some of those big stars use movies like this just for advancing their
career and continuing their string of hits, and I believe sometimes
that makes them less truly vested than a star with less notoriety
might be. That can lead to phoning in a performance,
> which is unfair to fans.
>
> One reason I've liked the new series is that stars have been chosen
who aren't over exposed in the media. Caine, Neeson, Oldman, Freeman
are all great actors, and easily as good as so-called A-listers. Yet
their public and private lives aren't so intrusive as to detract from
the film. Same with Bale, Eckhart, and Gyllenhaal, Murphy. Ledger was
well known of course, but not on a Jolie level. That's another reason
I favor a return to a "smaller" third film, bringing back Neeson as
Ra's and getting a less famous actress to play Talia.

> Or if they do bring in Catwoman, get a lesser known actress to play
it. Bring in the likes of Jolie and the media circus will detract.
Stunt casting. Bah!

> From: "Tracey de Morsella" <[EMAIL PROTECTED] >
>
> Jolie Linked to Catwoman Role
>
> Purrrrrrrrrrfect casting? That's the rumor....
>
> by Orlando <http://movies. ign.com/email. html> Parfitt, IGN UK
>
> UK, July 30, 2008 - Could Angelina Jolie be after the role of
Catwoman in
> the next Batman film?
>
> That's what Julie Newmar -- the actress who played the feline
anti-hero in
> the original TV show -- has been saying to the press.
>
> This highly dubious piece of gossip came from a comment she made to
the New
> York Daily News (and was picked up by comicbookmovie. com), in which she
> apparently said: "Angelina would own the part. My industry friends
tell me
> [she] has made inquiries about the role. I can understand how it
would pique
> her interest."
>
> Will Angelina Jolie be following in Julie Newmar's feline footsteps?
Well,