From: ravenadal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [scifinoir2] Harry Potter Vs. Hari Puttar
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 6:58 AM

            courant.com/ entertainment/ movies/hc- ap-harrypotterha riputtar-
0826,0,2348165. story

Courant.com

Suit Pits Harry Potter Vs. Hari Puttar

>From Wire Reports

August 27, 2008

Click here to find out more!

" Harry Potter" studio Warner Bros. is suing an Indian film company

over the title of upcoming film "Hari Puttar — A Comedy Of Terrors,"

according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Warner Bros. says the name is too similar to that of its megahit

franchise.

A spokesman confirmed the lawsuit against Mumbai-based Mirchi Movies.

The case is reportedly due to be heard in Bombay High Court. The film

is due to open in India on Sept. 12.

"Warner Bros. values and protects intellectual property rights,"

Warner Bros. spokeswoman Deborah Lincoln told the Reporter. "However,

it is our policy not to discuss publicly the details of any ongoing

litigation."

Hari is a popular Indian name, while Puttar means son in Punjabi.

"Hari Puttar," directed by Rajesh Bajaj and Lucky Kohli, stars Zain

Khan as Hari alongside veteran Bollywood actor Jackie Shroff.

"Hari Puttar" tells of a 10-year-old boy who moves to England with his

parents and becomes involved in a plot concerning a secret microchip

and is set for a Sept. 12 release in India.

Munish Purii, the chief executive of Mirchi Movies, said "we

registered the 'Hari Puttar' title in 2005, and it's unfortunate that

Warner has chosen to file a case so close to our film's release."

Copyright © 2008, The Hartford Courant