Whew, rave. I thought that was just me in the almost-vomiting department.

--- On Wed, 8/27/08, ravenadal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From: ravenadal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [scifinoir2] Re: Cher's the Next Catwoman?
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 2:48 PM

            Cher has always been too "drag queeny" for my taste (especially in

those garish Bob Mackey gowns).  That video ("If I could turn back

time")she did half-naked on the aircraft carrier almost made me

physically ill - and that was NINETEEN years ago (when she was a mere

kid of 44).

Even Cher had the good sense to retire and stop doing farewell tours

three years ago (although I hear she has signed a three year contract

to impersonate herself in Vegas).

~(no)rave!

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com, "moondancerdrake"

<moondancerdrake@ ...> wrote:

> Cher's 63 and last I saw of her on one of those great stage outfits

> she's looks 30 so to many she still counts as hot. Considering the

> effort made by the entertainment industry and the media to paint

> older woman as used up and undesirable, I'd love to see her get a

> chance to do this role. I'd also love to have a body like hers now,

> much less in my 60s.

> Moondancer

> --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com, "ravenadal" <ravenadal@> wrote:

> > Dude, Catwoman is supposed to be hot...Julie Newmar, Eartha Kitt,

> > Michelle Pfeiffer, Halle Berry...Hello! And Cher is like, what,

100

> > years old?  I know Estelle Getty just passed away but weren't any

> of

> > the other Golden Girls were available?

> > ~(no)rave!

> > --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com, Bosco Bosco <ironpigs3@> wrote:

> > > I was wondering why there was such a strong reaction against

Cher

> > by some folks on the list?

blog

> > from Perez Hilton by Perez Hilton on 8/25/08

> > > We thought this was a joke, but The Telegraph is a respected

> > newspaper.

> > > According to the UK's Telegraph, Academy Award-winner and music

> > icon Cher is in talks to play Catwoman opposite Christian Bale in

> the

> > third installment of the revamped Batman film franchise.

> > > A studio executive reportedly said,

> > >  "Cher is Nolan's (director) first choice to play Catwoman. He

> > wants to her to portray her like a vamp in her twilight years.

The

> > new Catwoman will be the absolute opposite of Michelle Pfeiffer

and