I saw a couple episodes of Chuck... you're not missing much. The best
Scifi/ geek show on the networks this season is the big bang theroy.
It's smart and funny. TV the past few seasons has really been dumbed
down. It's like hey let's flood the market with really dumb shows.
(notice how I didn't mention Ghost Hunters that's how much I think of
it)

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Okay, that proves it: this rating system they use is bogus. No
human with enough brain power to move his eyelids could possibly rate
Ghost Hunters an "A" show! I've tried to watch it, and it's just
stupid. Nothing's ever proven, they run around with EM detectors like
something out of Ghostbusters. It reminds me of when they had John
Edward the psychic on years ago, to watch him talk to the dead. And
then a show like "Chuck" is given a really low grade. Now I don't
watch "Chuck", but critics love it, and its fan base may be smaller
than NBC wants, but it's very, very loyal. And I can tell from even
cursory viewing that it's lightyears beyond Ghost Hunters, yet it
gets a much lower grade??

> From: "Tracey de Morsella" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> We Rate Returning SF TV Series
> http://www.scifi.com/sfw/news/sfw_news_20081103.html
> Yikes! And you think the economy is bad. Imagine being a network
executive these days. Much like the vanishing honeybees, television
viewers seems to have evaporated, and shows across the spectrum are
struggling. In fact, the networks are bleeding as they thrash about
trying to figure out how to bring viewers back to their favorite
shows.

> In this second of two stories, we take a look at how returning SF&F
series are doing this fall, grading them from best to worst.

> Ghost Hunters (SCI FI) Premiered with 2.7 million viewers. Last
week, 3.2 million viewers. The future's so bright, these ghost
hunters will have to wear shades. Last week our favorite ghost-
hunting plumbers reached a series high, which is great news leading
into their big live Halloween investigation special. And beyond
spawning a successful sequel in Ghost Hunters International, SCI FI
just announced it has ordered a pilot for Ghost Hunters: College
Edition, in which seasoned investigators lead a group of college
students in the hunt for ghosts. Can you say "franchise"? Or, heck,
let's just have the Ghost Hunting Channel. Grade: A

> This story continues below the image.
>

> The Ghost Hunters: Jason Hawes (left) and Grant Wilson. (Chris
Kontoes for SCI FI )

> Ghost Whisperer (CBS) Premiered with 9.31 million viewers. Last
week, 9.95 million viewers. While the series hasn't been able to
crack 10 million viewers this year, it's come close enough that it is
the highest-rated series on Friday nights. And this is one of the few
shows that has actually increased viewers since last year on the
networks. Grade: B+

> Supernatural (The CW) Premiered with 3.96 million viewers. Last
week, 3.25 million viewers. Supernatural has also done well this
season, increasing in total viewers from last season. This male-
oriented show also has seen a dramatic increase among women 18-49,
which is very good. And the show did it all in the toughest timeslot
on television. Grade: B

> Smallville (The CW) Premiered with 4.38 million viewers. Last week,
4.22 million viewers. Down a bit from last season, Smallville is
still looking like a champ, compared with The CW's other low-rated
programming. It may not be as shiny as it once was, but what show
would be as it delves into its eighth season? Ratings should be good
enough for another year--if The CW doesn't collapse completely. It's
unlikely the network will find another show that can be competitive
on Thursday nights with viewers as loyal as those for Smallville.
Grade: B-

> This story continues below the image.
>

> Tom Welling as Clark Kent in Smallville. (Michael Courtney for The
CW)

> Heroes (NBC) Premiered with 9.89 million viewers. Last week, 8.46
million viewers. How the mighty have fallen. While Heroes premiered
last year with 16.97 million viewers, the series has taken a
significant hit. One bright spot is that the show does very well in
DVR viewings later in the week. The bad news is that most of those
people don't watch commercials. It's doubtful Heroes is in danger of
cancellation at this point, but the show's hit status has vanished.
Grade: C (NBC is owned by NBC Universal, which also owns SCIFI.COM.)

> Chuck (NBC) Premiered with 6.48 million viewers. Last week, 6.7
million viewers. You've got to love a show about a sweet and adorable
nerd who ends up accidentally becoming a spy, and NBC loved it enough
in its second season to give it a full-season pickup before it even
premiered. Unfortunately, viewers have not been flocking to the
series, which is down significantly from last year, and if NBC didn't
have other problems, Chuck would be in big trouble. Grade: C-

> Eli Stone (ABC) Premiered with 8.82 million viewers. Last week,
8.51 million viewers. Poor Eli Stone! So far it's having a great
season creatively, but it's viewer-challenged. Viewers show up at the
start of the show, most likely thanks to the Dancing With the Stars
Results Show, and then leave by 10:30 p.m. The drop of more than 2
million viewers within an episode is not a good sign. The only saving
grace is that Eli's doing better than Thursday's Life on Mars and
many of ABC's other 10 p.m. shows. Grade: D+

> Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (Fox) Premiered with 6.34
million viewers. Last week, 5.34 million viewers. Tough times for
this tough series. Sarah premiered last year with more than 10
million viewers. The earlier timeslot hasn't been kind to the series,
however, and viewer erosion has been significant. It might be time to
give Sarah a tryout in a different timeslot before scrapping this
promising series altogether. Grade: D

> This story continues below the image.
>

> Charley (Dean Winters, left) and Derek (Brian Austin Green, right)
help Sarah (Lena Headey). (Michael Desmond for Fox)

> Pushing Daisies (ABC) Premiered with 6.32 million viewers. Last
week, 5.67 million viewers. And then there's the sad case of Pushing
Daisies. Last season the show premiered with more than 13 million
viewers delighting in the colorful and creative series.
Unfortunately, here we are: a great series filled with potential that
probably won't last out the season. Too bad. Grade: D-

> But that's not all, folks! Headed our way, there are plenty of
returning series to embrace, including Lost, Medium and Reaper, which
are all set to premiere during midseason. --Kathie Huddleston