"Martin Baxter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>Brent, this speaks directly to something that either rave or Daryle said
>here sometime back, that the model for movie viewing has changed
>drastically during our lives. It's easier to market a movie to someone
>with a Mac or a PC than it is to toss it into a theater, looking to clear
>money after ad revenues et cetera ad nauseum. And, for folks like me
>who've really become disenfranchised with the entire movie-going
>experience, to say nothing of the Concessions Issue, it's nirvana.

Yes, Martin, I am, too, somewhat disillusioned with the whole of the film
affair (not exluding the 'Concessions Issue' :-). I appreciate all of the
alternative outlets for viewing entertainments (both online and home
theatre-wise). Yet, you know, in all honesty, I still enjoy a good outing
to the local megaplex. Something about the smells, the crowds, the feeling
of a Celluloid Event gone through collectively. All of that shared
experience. Still, we may one day soon find that, to our liking or not,
movie-viewing may bear almost no resemblance to today's passive cinema or
home experience. Holography anyone?

Brent