I have not read either of these but the two books everyone at work is talking
about are "Anathem" by Neal Stephenson and "The Graveyard Book" by Neil Gaiman

They are both on my to be read pile by my bed.

--- On Mon, 12/8/08, Tracey de Morsella <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From: Tracey de Morsella <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [scifinoir2] FW:  Best 5 Books of 2008 - soliciting your opinion(s)
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Monday, December 8, 2008, 5:40 AM

            -----Original Message-----

From: CarlBrandon@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:CarlBrandon@ yahoogroups. com] On

Behalf Of K Tempest

Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2008 1:50 PM

To: CarlBrandon@ yahoogroups. com

Subject: [CarlBrandon] Best 5 Books of 2008 - soliciting your opinion(s)

Hey everyone,

I'm putting together a group of Best Books lists for Fantasy Magazine.

 I'm asking SF people to list the 5 best books they've read this year

-- and that includes novels, collections, or anthologies (as long as

they're SF/F/H/Spec an published in 2008) -- and a short explanation

of why.  I would like a wide sampling of bests and figured the folks

in this group are likely to be very well read :)

If you would like to contribute, please send your list to

fantastictempest@ gmail.com by this coming Saturday.  Also include a

short bio, list of most recent published work, if applicable, and

links to your website/blog.

Thanks!

Tempest