http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2008/dec/19/iggy-pop-moby-alice-cooper

Rock stars Suck hard in forthcoming vampire film

What's cooler than a movie about bloodsuckers? Not much, especially when
it features Iggy Pop, Alice Cooper ... and Moby being eaten alive

Sean Michaels
guardian.co.uk, Friday 19 December 2008

Iggy Pop, Moby and Alice Cooper are among the musicians who will appear in
Suck, a forthcoming movie about vampires, rock'n'roll and the record
business.

While many bands have sold their souls for stardom, in Suck this spiritual
selling-out happens literally. A group called the Winners are torn between
bloodsucking music execs and actual bloodsuckers, nudged along by
characters like vampire-hunter Eddie Van Helsing (played by Malcolm
McDowell) and DJ Rockin' Roger (played by Henry Rollins).

The Canadian production is written and directed by Rob Stefaniuk, who
stars, but its musical cameos come courtesy of producer Jeff Rogers, who
worked for V2 Records.

Besides Rollins, Suck includes appearances by Iggy Pop, Rush's Alex
Lifeson, Burning Brides' Dimitri Coats, Carole Pope, and Alice Cooper,
playing a sinister bartender. Cooper's daughter, Calico, also has a cameo
appearance as a dancer.

"What's cooler than a vampire?" Alice Cooper commented to Fangoria
magazine. "I love the mixture of horror and humour."

Moby, a noted vegan, plays Beef Bellows, the frontman of a punk band
called the Secretaries of Steak. The Secretaries' fans show their
appreciation by hurling pieces of meat, Rolling Stone reported. The "meat"
is foam rubber, the blood is raspberry syrup, but Moby said his enthusiasm
for the part is not faked. "I'm making a speciality of playing douche bags
... I could spend the rest of my career perfecting the douche bag."

"I only have 45 words [in the movie]," he continued, "but they are 45
important words. Then I get eaten."

Suck will be released next autumn.