Excellent poem!  Thanks for this...It made me feel good reading it, my
friend...

  _____

From: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:scifino...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of keithbjohn...@comcast.net
Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2009 4:04 PM
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] Yuletide Greetings

Thanks for posting. You come up with the coolest stuff! Funny: I was looking
up a poem by Hughes just yesterday, one that I remembered from long ago,
that I use as sort of a self-motto. It's "I, Too Sing, America". I love its
message of saying that we are waiting, biding our time, eating and grinning
and perhaps seeming weak, but one day--no way can we be kept down. This is
it:

I, too, sing America.

I am the darker brother.
They send me to eat in the kitchen