From: "Colleen R. Cahill" <c...@loc.gov>
Subject: Story question
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 11:46:13 -0500

We have a patron asking the following:

I graduated high school in 1963 and in my senior year literature text
there was a story (I am nearly sure) by Stephen Vincent Benet. It was a
science fiction story about a man who goes to a travel agency to buy a
ticket to another planet and he goes to this barn and is sitting with a
lot of others and nothing happens. Then, he jumps up and says we've all
been made fools of and runs out the door just as the others are "beamed
up." Then, he goes back to the travel agency and the man says, "You left
this money here by mistake." Can you hlep me find the name of this story
which appeared in our Lit. text that year. I graduated from Santiago High
School in Garden Grove, California in 1963. It would be helpful to me to
find this story for a project I am working on.

Does this ring any bells?

Thanks!

Colleen
  Colleen R. Cahill                   |  c...@loc.gov
  Digital Production Coordinator      |  (202)707-8540
   & Recommending Officer for         |  FAX (202)707-8531
        Science Fiction & Fantasy     |  Library of Congress
These opinions are mine, Mine, Mine! |  Washington, DC 20540-4652