I only got 75% of them. I feel ungeekworthy

--- On Sat, 4/4/09, Martin Baxter <truthseeker...@lycos.com> wrote:

From: Martin Baxter <truthseeker...@lycos.com>
Subject: [RE][scifinoir2] You know you're a geek when
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Cc: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, "'Cinque3000'" <cinque3...@verizon.net>,
ggs...@yahoo.com
Date: Saturday, April 4, 2009, 7:15 AM

               (sighing, secure in my geekdom)

 Subject : [scifinoir2] You_know_you' re_a_geek_ when

 Date : Fri, 3 Apr 2009 21:34:59 -0700

 From : "Tracey de Morsella" <tdli...@multicultur aladvantage. com>

 To : <scifino...@yahoogro ups.com>,    "'Cinque3000' " <cinque3...@verizon.
net>,      <ggs...@yahoo. com>

Got this from Black geekdom.  I usually pass these things but I flunked.

How did you do?

You

know you're a geek when

There are certain reference in geek subculture that we all get.  A week ago

I was talking to a friend about Morris Chestnut being signed to star in the

remake of the series "V."  Her response:  "What's that?"   Everyone who is a

geek knows about "V" whether they watched it or not.  This isn't a test, but

it could be a rough measure of where you are on the geek scale.  Some are

harder then others.  But for the most part, if you are a geek, then you'll

know the movies where these quotes originate.

1.  Open the podbay doors, HAL.

2. This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.

3. I only have one rule. Everyone fights. No one quits. You don't do your

job, I'll shoot you myself. You get me?

4.  We are the knights who say "Ni."

5. Throughout human history, we have been dependent on machines to survive.

Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony.

6.  Come with me, if you want to live.

7.  So say we all.

8.  I have looked into the eye of the island, and saw that it was beautiful.

9.  No. Try not. Do. or do not. There is no try.

10.  They don't advertise for killers in the newspaper. That was my

profession.

11.  Damn them.  Damn them all to hell.

12.  Where does he get those wonderful toys?

13.  I'm on Planet X looking for a dweeb who wears green fatigues. He wears

glasses.

14. I know this sounds crazy, but ever since yesterday on the road, I've

been seeing this shape. Shaving cream, pillows. Dammit! I know this. I know

what this is! This means something. This is important.

15.  What's happened to me? I must be dreaming. I feel like I can take out

the world.

16.  Who's the man? Huh? Who's the man? Wait till I get another plane! I'm a

line ya friends up right beside you! Where ya at, huh? Where ya at?

17.  It's a robot.  Ash is a god damn robot.

18.  Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads.

19.  Even though you've been raised as a human, you are not one of them. You

have great powers, only some of which you have as yet discovered.

20. I must tell you that this year, the third-floor corridor on the

right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most

painful death.

Bonus:  How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with

life, wouldn't you say?

http://blackgeekdom .com/blog/ 2009/03/23/ you-know- youre-a-geek- when/

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=JQdwk8Yntds