From: Keith Johnson <keithbjohn...@comcast.net>
Subject: [scifinoir2] SciFi Wire: Majel Roddenberry leaves her dogs—and
son—well cared for
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 6:14 PM

      Am I reading this right? Are the *dogs* being cared for with the mansion,
and the housekeeper just allowed to hang out to care for them? Man, I love
animals, but I've never gotten the way people fawn over them as if they're
people like that. But still, good for her that she had that much dough and left
it to her son. Wonder what's up with that bonus system for her son over the
years?  But she left him sixty million, not sure I knew she had that much!

************ ********* ********* ********* *********

Majel Roddenberry leaves her dogs—and son—well cared for

        Majel (left) and Gene Roddenberry

                        Not that we're proud of citing TMZ.com, but the
celebrity gossip site has an interesting item about the estate of Majel Barrett
Roddenberry, the widow of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry who died in
December.

According to trust documents obtained by the site, Majel Roddenberry
made sure her dogs would get to live in one of her multimillion- dollar
mansions until they die. There's even a $4 million residential trust
set up simply for the upkeep of the house, and domestic employee
Reinelda Estupinian, who cares for the dogs, gets $1 million and the
right to live in the mansion with them.

                        The
Roddenberrys' son, Eugene "Rod" Roddenberry Jr., did OK, too: He gets
the Bel Air, Calif., mansion, $60 million up front and $10 million
bonuses when he turns 35, 40 and 45.