Please, Bryan -- stick to Superman.

I think that the major problem with the X-Men as a movie franchise is that
there are too many X-Men and not enough movie to give them all screentime.

 Subject : [scifinoir2] Bryan Singer Wants X-Men And Superman

 Date : Tue, 2 Jun 2009 16:09:36 -0700

 From : "Tracey de Morsella" <tdli...@multiculturaladvantage.com>

 To : <scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com>,     <ggs...@yahoo.com>,
<cinque3...@verizon.net>

By Meredith Woerner  , 3:39

n-with-a-kryptonite-knife> PM on Mon Jun 1 2009, 7,616 views

When asked about the rumors that he'll get another shot at the next Superman
 movie, director Bryan Singer
 awkwardly stumbled around the idea. Does
he know something we don't? Also could he be the man to revive the X-Men
franchise after the last two duds?

In an interview with Total Film, Singer was asked about the possibility of
directing another Superman  movie. Singer
sort of lurched around an answer:

I don't know, I don't know. There are still issues...I just...I just don't
know. I don't necessarily...I don't know. It's one of those things
where...It's so weird talking about stuff unless I'm about to ramp up and
shoot it.

So what does that mean, Singer, are you ramping up to shoot it? This only
perks my interest more, as I would like to see someone else handle the
America's boy scout. It needs fresh directing blood desperately. On a
positive note, Singer talked about the X-Men fondly, saying "I would love to
return to that universe." Does this mean the Magneto universe too, as in an
interesting WW2 set prequel?

The only thing that concerns me about Magneto is that if the prequel were to
follow the track I used in X-Men, which is Magneto's history in the
concentration camp, then I've lived in that world. Apt Pupil, X-Men and now
Valkyrie. I've lived in that Nazi universe for quite a while. I just might
need to take a little break before I do something like that.

Interesting answer, but I still wouldn't mind Singer going after the Magneto
movie. He is, like he said, dedicated to the franchise maybe enough to keep
his friend Brent Ratner away from it.

http://io9.com/5274641/bryan-singer-wants-another-stab-at-x+men-and-superman
-with-a-kryptonite-knife

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQdwk8Yntds