From: Keith Johnson <keithbjohn...@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] Re: The Disposible Negro in sci-fi list
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 7:02 PM

      In the Star Trek movie, the lady wasn't a Betazoid, but a "Deltan". Her
race wasn't telepathic, but emitted a high level of pheremones that drove human
males crazy. Hence, she had a vow of celibacy that was actually on record.

As for the habits of Betazoids,  I didn't know that. I don't remember them
having open relationships being discussed on the series. The only discussion of
their customs really came in reference to Luwaxanna Troi, and that was always
suspect.  Interesting. ...