Not bad, but from Lord of the Rings, I'd replace the scene with Theodon--or
perhaps add to it--the scene with Sam and Frodo after the fall of Mordor. With
lava spewing around them, and certain death approaching, they speak of the
beauty of the Shire, and Sam speaks of the waitress Rosie, saying "If I were
ever to marry anyone, it would have been her--it would have been her!" Frodo's
reply, "I'm glad you're with me, Samwise Gamgee, here at the end of things",
chokes me up every time I see it.

Sorry, I just don't see the death scene from "Terminator 2" as all that
emotional.

I can't believe they put in a scene from the overblown "Armageddon"! The much
better, and better acted movie "Deep Impact" is far more moving when the
astronauts realize they have to do a suicide run on the asteroid. To hear Blair
Underwood tell his wife "You won't see me, but I'll always be there", or to
hear the blinded astronaut listen to a description of his newborn child,
crying, saying "I can see him"--well, that makes me misty eyed every single
time.

I'd also add a scene from the awesome movie "Testament", which takes place in a
quiet little neighborhood after a nuclear disaster which spells a death
sentence for all. Star Jane Alexander has a young daughter, maybe 12 or 13,
who, realizing she will never live to adulthood, asks her mom to describe what
sex feels like. Alexander tearfully tries to convey the beauty of the act with
someone you love, struggling with having to discuss this with her young
daughter, and trying not to breakdown knowing her child will die before ever
experiencing romantic love. It's a powerful scene in a powerful movie that
unfortunately gets lost in the post-nuclear disaster world of movies populated
by the likes of "The Day After".

Big, big props for the two Star Trek scenes! As someone who's championed "The
Search for Spock" against many who see it as a sub-par movie, I was really
happy to see the destruction of Enterprise listed.